Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by 82eye View Post
    it's here.probably go see it tomorrow. reasonable duty too.
    Glad to hear it! That took an entire month which is about double the usual.

JH

Leave a comment:

• 82eye
    replied
    it's here.probably go see it tomorrow. reasonable duty too.

Leave a comment:

• 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by JGee View Post
    OK, Thanks everybody!

Half of you have your skid plates and the other half were shipped yesterday. So everybody (except maybe the Canadian) should have their skid by Friday.

JH
    it hit the border and disappeared into our postal system. i'm signed up for notices but all they can do is confirm it got to the border. i'm ok with patience.
    it's not like anyone could use it for anything else so i'm not exactly concerned about theft per se.

edit : oddly there is a wk between the US and cdn tracking dates. US claims it left a week later than the cdn tracking lol.
    cdn tracking says it left the US literally same day shipped. i sorta believe that, considering how much more efficient your shipping systems are.

if it has to come through vancouver it may be slow as a registered carrier pigeon. fire, flood, avalanche, and now excessive snow have all but destroyed the shipping routes.
    Last edited by 82eye; 01-18-2022, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    OK, Thanks everybody!

Half of you have your skid plates and the other half were shipped yesterday. So everybody (except maybe the Canadian) should have their skid by Friday.

JH
    Arrived today, thanks for your work and timely communication.

Aloha

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    OK, Thanks everybody!

JH

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    happy to have mine ship Jan 10th. Thanks -Max

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    ^Thanks!

We will start shipping Tuesday. This is the worst week of the year to ship, with all the last minute rush and temporary workers. If anybody wants it shipped later please let me know. I can ship again Jan. 10.

Thanks everybody!

JH
    Jan 10th better for me.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    ^Thanks!

We will start shipping Tuesday. This is the worst week of the year to ship, with all the last minute rush and temporary workers. If anybody wants it shipped later please let me know. I can ship again Jan. 10.

Thanks everybody!

JH

Leave a comment:

• 82eye
    replied
    just checking and found out about the extra price break .. ! and yup, sure as crap, i looked and the rebate was already there.

i seriously would not have minded if JGee kept the margin. it's stupid hard to make any kind of small enterprise work these days. i send serious respect.
    let's get some more guys in on this while we can.

bump for a great guy and supporter of the community.

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Yes, So both units utilize the same holes on the steering rack. Check out the pic in post #1. It's kind of hard to see but there is a "Z" bend from the holes to the main plate surface. The rear holes on the brace line up with the holes on the skid plate. I would say the brace needs to be cut a little more than half way through the forward set of holes. The skid plate holes measure about 1/2" inch from center of hole to the bend.

JH

Leave a comment:

• cmeritt91
    replied
    Ah okay. I see what you are saying. Let me lift up the car tomorrow and take a look at what you mean and get back to you. I really want both so if it's just a trip-up at the front of it, I'm not worried. If it's way more, then I don't think I want to do it. These bolt up on the steering rack bolts right?

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by cmeritt91 View Post
    I've got the mason X-brace on my vert. Just the regular one that you order online. So this won't work with this? Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Not without modding the brace. The brace is made to fit both M3 and non M cars. So the front of the brace (M3 part) interferes with the skid plate. The brace needs to be cut along the front to fit under the skid plate.

If you don't want to deal with it. I'm happy to refund.

JH

Leave a comment:

• cmeritt91
    replied
    I've got the mason X-brace on my vert. Just the regular one that you order online. So this won't work with this? Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
    Would this skid plate work with the lower X-brace like the old or new one from Garagistic below? Or would they interfere so one would have to run one or the other? My E30 is hibernating out of reach for the winter, can someone with access chime in? TIA!

https://www.garagistic.com/products/...ce-cross-brace
    https://www.garagistic.com/products/...cross-brace-v2
    The short answer is no. The front M3 set of holes or front half of slots needs to be cut off to fit next to the skid plate. The old one could be modified, does not look like the new could be modified. The Mason engineering bar can also be modified and may even be able to be ordered to fit. http://https://www.masonengineering....php?bmw_id=e30

HIK Fab Skid Plate group buy

1. Adamnur..............................Paid
    2. sjmorris1..............................Paid
    3. 82eye....................................Paid
    4. Turbo280..............................Paid
    5. Sergio IG..............................Paid
    6. AMoutes EM........................ Paid
    7. eternal24k............................ Paid

8. bradmer................................Paid
    9. amarino................................Paid
    10. cmeritt91............................Paid

I anticipate shipping late next week. Thanks everybody!

JH
    Last edited by JGee; 12-10-2021, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adamnur
    replied
    HIK Fab Skid Plate group buy

1. Adamnur
    2. sjmorris1
    3. 82eye....................................Paid
    4. Turbo280..............................Paid
    5. Sergio IG..............................Paid
    6. AMoutes EM........................ Paid
    7. eternal24k............................ Paid

8. bradmer................................Paid
    9. amarino................................Paid
    10. cmeritt91............................Paid
    11. shake79

Hey, good news material did not cost as much as anticipated. So I am passing on the savings. Partial refunds have already went out. Price is now $420 - %15= $357

adamnur if want a guarantee that your frame rails will not be damaged under any circumstances than this is not the plate for you. There is just to many things out of our control. A good professional install is a great start. If you hit something hard enough to do that kind of damage I'm pretty sure you have bigger things to worry about. If you drive around all the time just hammering it you need to change your driving style. Physics still apply. This skid plate will give you peace of mind that it will take care of the unexpected whatever. It will also teach you when to slow down or get a little more sideways. I hardly ever hit my skidplate any more because now I know where I can go. Some places I go faster now than I did before. I have sold many replacement hoops, plates, and hoop stubs. I've seen bent hoops and plates ground way down. Many skids have been transferred to new cars.

JH
    I by no means drive around smashing cars, just looking to protect my engine swap from normal road risks without high risk of damaging something worse. Good to know pieces have and can be replaced, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X