Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB: Old School Style Dead Pedals (CLOSED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigdrick323
    replied
    Originally posted by psigti View Post
    Be advised its not number one on my priorities list. I'm finishing up this swap first. As soon as i figure out how much material i need to remove and the radius. Ill let you know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Just let Me know

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• psigti
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdrick323 View Post
    You're the guy I need to talk to...let me know how that modification goes. I am interested in this.
    Be advised its not number one on my priorities list. I'm finishing up this swap first. As soon as i figure out how much material i need to remove and the radius. Ill let you know.

Leave a comment:

• bigdrick323
    replied
    Originally posted by psigti View Post
    Got mine. Now to modify for vert.

You're the guy I need to talk to...let me know how that modification goes. I am interested in this.

Leave a comment:

• psigti
    replied
    Got mine. Now to modify for vert.

Leave a comment:

• tonytony
    replied
    Got it thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Pocket Chant View Post
    Got mine, and it's awesome! Now if it'd only stop raining so I could install it.
    Originally posted by tonytony View Post
    These are beautiful! Mine is just sitting there

What's the proper way to mount the pedal, in terms of angle and position relative to the other pedals?
    Thanks guys. That looks great! They are designed to to mimic the footrest area that is already there, just push your foot more even with the clutch pedal. Does that make sense? When I test fitted mine I had it as close to the speaker as I could (basically right up against it), so I could have the most room for my clutch foot. As far as angle, I'd try to make its surface parallel to the surface of the original footrest area. Basically imagine if your original foot rest just came more out of the car to be even with the clutch. But you can also play around with it to make it how you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• tonytony
    replied
    These are beautiful! Mine is just sitting there

What's the proper way to mount the pedal, in terms of angle and position relative to the other pedals?
    Last edited by tonytony; 06-07-2013, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pocket Chant
    replied
    Got mine, and it's awesome! Now if it'd only stop raining so I could install it.

Leave a comment:

• bimma360
    replied
    Thanks man!

Leave a comment:

• e34_spangler
    replied
    Sweet! Thanks! And they look like great pedals will buy one eventually great job!

Leave a comment:

• bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
    the play I have is when I have my foot on the inside of the dead pedal towards the clutch, it kind of just shifts that whole way, I was thinking about bolting it in just to have it super tight in there. If you wanna send me some hardware you can or I will just find my way around the local home depot and pick some up. Here's mine installed guys. It looks amazing :D:D

Looks great man! I'll PM you about the bolts.

Originally posted by e34_spangler View Post
    If we don't buy now will these be available later?
    Yes! These are now in stock, and will be up on ebay shortly and our site once I finish building it.

Leave a comment:

• e34_spangler
    replied
    If we don't buy now will these be available later?

Leave a comment:

• bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
    what came with a factory dead pedal? did you actually drill through the sheet metal? I would think not.
    Both the factory dead pedals were different in design, when compared to alpina, hartge, acs, and ours. One uses one of the speaker holes and the clutch stop, and the other used the speaker hole and threaded through the carpet. All and all the tuner pedals weren't like the factory ones.

Leave a comment:

• mrcheezle19
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
    Thats good to know. Glad it worked out.

There should be a little flex with the carpet since its only screwed into the carpet and sound deadening. Screws any longer and you run the risk of going through the sheet metal. Is the play something you notice with your foot, is it extreme?

Let me know what you think. I can hook you up with two bolts, screws, and washers. If you want to go through the floor, you might as well bolt it in there instead of using self tapping screws. Although those will work too. Two bolts through the bottom two holes of the dead pedal, combined with the regular screws through the top two holes, will secure it pretty well.

In fact, if anyone else wants to bolt their pedal in like that let me know. I want you guys to be happy with your pedals.
    the play I have is when I have my foot on the inside of the dead pedal towards the clutch, it kind of just shifts that whole way, I was thinking about bolting it in just to have it super tight in there. If you wanna send me some hardware you can or I will just find my way around the local home depot and pick some up. Here's mine installed guys. It looks amazing :D:D

Leave a comment:

• Thizzelle
    replied
    what came with a factory dead pedal? did you actually drill through the sheet metal? I would think not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X