Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allen_t
    replied
    Anyone else have issues with installation? I followed the guides and threads online as wel as instructions that came with and nothing happens when I use my e46 keyfob. I hear the unit when I press the buttons so I have power and the black ground wire.

Leave a comment:

• aegul44
    replied
    So, it seems like nobody has key that works on both ignition and lock.

Leave a comment:

• allen_t
    replied
    E46.

I got them cut at a reputable locksmith who I've used before.

Leave a comment:

• aegul44
    replied
    ^^^

Which one did you get ? e46 style or flip style . Where did you get yours cut ?

Also OP do you still have these for sale ?
    Last edited by aegul44; 11-14-2015, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• allen_t
    replied
    Had same issue with the keys being cut. One works in the ignition one way and the other wont go in.

Leave a comment:

• allen_t
    replied
    Placed an order. Looking forward to installing

Leave a comment:

• joewhy2k
    replied
    Down for this

Leave a comment:

• matias88e30
    replied
    Interested in picking up a set when abailable. Pm me for payment :)

Leave a comment:

• fitswell
    replied
    Originally posted by biodose View Post
    Hey, so just got mine in the mail. Was wondering if the wire sticking out is supposed to be there and also why the case is cracked like it is in the pic. Also, your inbox is full. Thanks.
    case shouldn't be cracked. they need to send you a replacement or issue partial refund

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by biodose View Post
    Hey, so just got mine in the mail. Was wondering if the wire sticking out is supposed to be there and also why the case is cracked like it is in the pic. Also, your inbox is full. Thanks.
    The looped wire coming out is the antenna to extend the range of the remote. Not sure about the crack in the case, but if it all works just fine then I wouldn't sweat it since the module is tucked out of sight when installed.

Leave a comment:

• biodose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jdbimmer
    replied
    Currently ordering a keyless entry with the e46 key!

Leave a comment:

• TomSea999
    replied
    Quick Taps

One last thing - I used the quick taps for the lights and lock connections, and three of the four took, but I'm going to have to go back in and reconnect the unlock connection - checking YouTube, many professional installers hate the quick taps and like the old-school splice-and-tape method due to its time tested reliability. When I go back in, I'll probably remove the taps and splice the wire old-school so I know the connection will last over time. I did splice the power connection directly, so I know that'll be good -

Also, I discovered that the locksmith key that works in the ignition doesn't work in the trunk - just a warning for future buyers to expect potential problems in cutting/using the keys as the width isn't to spec. Not a big deal for me as I'm just going to use the fob as a remote, but if you have your heart set on the e36 keys be aware that the cutting has to be done by a professional who is confident in their abilities.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the purchase and the installation instructions - quick delivery, etc. - buy with confidence (with the above reservations).

--Tom

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    bump for info

Leave a comment:

• MC Hammered
    replied
    The stop shoulder is the issue and I'll bring it to the attention of a different locksmith, when I am able to order some new blanks to cut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X