Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strömung Catback Part 4! 318i/is and 325i/is (Jan 2, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they willing to put a resonator in the 318 version? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
      When I asked in the last GB I got a solid no, and it almost seemed like Scott didn't quite understand why anyone would want on. But he mostly predicated the no on the basis of not providing custom systems.

Comment

I’m in for the 325i, if he will do the angled version for the mtech2 rear?
        Last edited by Dgafxxx; 01-22-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          When I asked in the last GB I got a solid no, and it almost seemed like Scott didn't quite understand why anyone would want on. But he mostly predicated the no on the basis of not providing custom systems.
          Gotcha.

People w/ the stromung on the m42... what is your opinion on the sound?
          I daily mine for the most part. YouTube makes it sound kind of raspy

Comment

Originally posted by Dgafxxx View Post
            I’m in for the 325i, if he will do the angled version for the mtech2 rear?
            I've asked Scott both of these questions and I'm awaiting a response.

Comment

Gotcha.

I put together a quick playlist of the sounds my 318i makes in various situations. It's mostly stock M42 with a factory front section/header, a Mark D chip, and a 4.44 rear end. It's only cell video capture, so it's not absolutely accurate sound, but it is representative.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wmw6htgQZHFQ9r

Comment

Thanks, Gaelan!

Comment

If you're thinking about joining the group buy please be aware we're going to end it on Jan 31st, 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                    I've asked Scott both of these questions and I'm awaiting a response.
                    Keep me posted. I’d like to get in on this if I can get the angled version.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgafxxx View Post
                      Keep me posted. I’d like to get in on this if I can get the angled version.
                      Scott says they offer a version for the mtech2: "We offer an m tech II direct fit part now and the tips are angle cut."

Comment

Ok I’m in

Comment

Gotcha.

I daily mine, not raspy at all. Deeper sound than I thought it would be.
                          1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
                          1991 318is: raw DD
                          2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Based on ATL_E30's excellent suggestion I've posted this on the FaceBook r3vlimited group/page. Thanks, ATL_E30!

Comment

I am in for some pictures of the mtech 2 version. If it doesn’t look too flashy, I will sign up.

Comment

More folks have been added. I've posted this on a number of E30 Facebook groups now.

Comment

Working...
                                X