No announcement yet.

Massive Lee E30 adapters for Recaro bottom-mount seats -- higher rake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be nice if everyone could check their orders... there’s no use having two of us unable to install our seats.

Comment

Ok so i just checked my rails and my set is good. Hopefully everyone else starts looking at their items.

Comment

Needless to mention that I will obviously pay for shipping the parts between both parties... ;-)
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Also, I sent an email to Hamik who's on S14.net

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Hi everyone
            I just received a PM from Kyle. It seems he has 4 of the same mounts. That is 4 right mounts. Not two of each side. Which means somebody will receive 4 left mounts.
            Please check what you received and let me know if you are the unlucky winner. I will try solving the problem as soon as possible

Lee

I’ll check mine tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Hi everyone
              I just received a PM from Kyle. It seems he has 4 of the same mounts. That is 4 right mounts. Not two of each side. Which means somebody will receive 4 left mounts.
              Please check what you received and let me know if you are the unlucky winner. I will try solving the problem as soon as possible

Lee

I have the correct parts, 2 left and 2 right mounts.

Comment

I installed my passenger Recaro with the new adapters last night, all is good! The rake matches the factory Sport seat adjusted to the max, which is what I was aiming for:

I ended up not using the aluminum spacers, but used extra washers not in the hardware kit, under each cap bolt and nut between adapters and sliders.

Driver side Recaro is going in tonight. :up:

Comment

Mystery solved, I was contacted by Hamik on S14.net and he has the four other adapters. One has four left while the other has four right. I will send emails to each of them with their respective details so that they can arrange to ship the "wrong" adapters.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I finally got another driver slider (I wanted to keep OE seats with sliders), and installed the driver Recaro SRD. The adapters worked great -- created just the right rake, and lowered the seat about 3/4" compared to OE Sport seat. In addition to the perfect rake, I can now see the top of the instrument cluster through the smaller 370 mm M-Tech 2, even in the fairly upright seat position I prefer.

For those that haven't yet installed their Recaros with these adapters, I found that the easiest solution was to mount the adapters all the way inboard on the seats, and then ensure that the Left-to-Right distance between slider floor mounting holes (center-to-center) is 16-5/8", by using spacers between the adapter and the slider where necessary. It was also a good opportunity to thoroughly clean the sliders from the original dried up grease, and relube them with LPS 2.

Comment

Are these still available? Can I get in a set?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eLKuRLy View Post
                        Are these still available? Can I get in a set?
                        Thanks
                        Hello, I actually ended up selling my car shortly after getting a set from this very same group by. If you interested I can sell you my set. I never mounted them and they’re still in the same box?

Comment

Originally posted by e30fix View Post

Hello, I actually ended up selling my car shortly after getting a set from this very same group by. If you interested I can sell you my set. I never mounted them and they’re still in the same box?
                          pm'ed you. I will take them.

Comment

If anyone has a single or a set of these and willing to part, I’ll take them pronto. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone from the group buy interested in selling their set to me? I’d be willing to pay more than the group buy price.

Comment

Are these still available? Interested in a pair.
                                ‘84 e30
                                '09 e61
                                '03 e53

Comment

Working...
                                X