No announcement yet.

Stromung cat back Group Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks, I'm very interested for an '88 325is as my stock exhaust has started to decay and while it's not a hugely pressing concern right now I want to address it. How much longer will this batch signup run, and do you know when the next might kick off? I was hoping to get an angled one to match stock geometry and I'd like dual wall if it's the same price but single wall is honestly fine and preferable if it's a bit cheaper, I mostly am after the angled tips to look OEM/stock-ish. If I can't get my mitts on that for this round and straight tips are the only ones available (not sure if stock-style angled counts as custom?) I'll pass on this round, but count me strongly interested in the next one when I can get them if that's the case. Is there a handy list of P/Ns for exhaust hardware that anyone has lying around or should I just go poke around RealOEM? Lastly, anybody have a ballpark of how much it'd cost to ship to WA state (or failing that, overall dimensions and weight for shipping calculation so I can factor that cost in)?

I love how it sounds, thank you to the people who've posted videos so far.
    i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn

stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart

Comment

Just got an email from Scott, indicating that the group buy will be closing. We only got to 7 and not 10 unfortunately.
      Last edited by projectJTv4; 05-05-2021, 02:21 PM. Reason: additional details

Comment

Damn. When's the next period that we could get one going? I'd like to get in on it if I can get the stock angle tips, that was my primary reservation. I can wait for the next round, though.

Comment

They don't do custom tips unfortuneatley. I did ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Magpie View Post
            Damn. When's the next period that we could get one going? I'd like to get in on it if I can get the stock angle tips, that was my primary reservation. I can wait for the next round, though.
            Key words "will be closing" I would place the order as the thread states using the R3vLimited Group buy tag.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinScroll View Post
              They don't do custom tips unfortuneatley. I did ask.
              They won't ever again or is it just this late in the production runup? That's a bummer, I really don't want the straight tips.

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Key words "will be closing" I would place the order as the thread states using the R3vLimited Group buy tag.
              Sorry, I've never participated in a group buy before and misunderstood, I thought he meant that the group buy didn't go through and was shutting down for this go. I love how they sound but the lack of tip angle is kind of a dealbreaker for me until they offer it again.
              Last edited by Maybe Magpie; 05-06-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the doublepost. I spoke with Scott, and we worked something out, so count me in for a 325i OEM angle. I'll be filling stuff out shortly!
                Last edited by Maybe Magpie; 05-06-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

So that makes 8?

What happened to everyone else on post #320: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...19#post9981519 :(

Comment

One last question, generally how long does it take for the catbacks to show up once ordered? I just want to know when to let my shop of choice know when to expect the part arriving so I can schedule installation and hitching a ride while my car's in for work.

Comment

One last question, generally how long does it take for the catbacks to show up once ordered? I just want to know when to let my shop of choice know when to expect the part arriving so I can schedule installation and hitching a ride while my car's in for work.
                      maybe others will chime in here. For me it took quite a white because Stromung needed supplies. I think he mentioned that he would have the first sets ready next week.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine from the last group buy. I finally got in touch with Scott this week and he said his box supplier was out of shipping boxes. He said he was going to try to make a box with 2 smaller boxes.
                        sigpic84 325e

Comment

So we only need two more? Screw it, I’m in. I’ve been waiting long enough. I need to source a stock catalytic converter however, or a good replacement. Anyone selling one or able to point me in the direction of where to buy good OE ones that won’t break the bank?

I’ll admit I quickly browsed the thread in the beginning and the last couple pages. I simply order on the stroking website and mention the group buy in the comments, correct?

Comment

I got my invoice and paid up today. I got my order itself in under the wire (I contacted them the same day as the group buy period closed, I think). You might need to hold tight until the next round, but Scott was helpful when I shot him a few emails and was willing to squeeze me in. I'm not sure what he'll wanna do this far on, but good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post
                              So we only need two more? Screw it, I’m in. I’ve been waiting long enough. I need to source a stock catalytic converter however, or a good replacement. Anyone selling one or able to point me in the direction of where to buy good OE ones that won’t break the bank?

I’ll admit I quickly browsed the thread in the beginning and the last couple pages. I simply order on the stroking website and mention the group buy in the comments, correct?
                              Never hurts to try

Comment

I got my invoice and paid up today. I got my order itself in under the wire (I contacted them the same day as the group buy period closed, I think). You might need to hold tight until the next round, but Scott was helpful when I shot him a few emails and was willing to squeeze me in. I'm not sure what he'll wanna do this far on, but good luck!
                                Dang, Scott emailed me last Wednesday saying I would receive a PayPal link but never did. I followed up with emails but have not heard back from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X