No announcement yet.

Stromung cat back Group Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got in contact with Scott, he emailed me right away and I’m seemingly in.

just need to source a cat now!

Comment

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post
      I got in contact with Scott, he emailed me right away and I’m seemingly in.

just need to source a cat now!
      Nice! Did you submit payment already also?

Comment

Originally posted by projectJTv4 View Post

Dang, Scott emailed me last Wednesday saying I would receive a PayPal link but never did. I followed up with emails but have not heard back from him.
        Scott is not the fastest on replies but he gets there eventually. I get the impression he has multiple responsibilities and if he has nothing to add, postpones his response until he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Scott is not the fastest on replies but he gets there eventually. I get the impression he has multiple responsibilities and if he has nothing to add, postpones his response until he does.
          Understood. I was just surprised when Magpie said she received her invoice (5/12) but I didn't when Scott said I would (5/5).

I'll try to be more patient. Thanks for responding with your experience with him.
          Last edited by projectJTv4; 05-18-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat re: waiting for a PayPal invoice.

The project's quite a long way out from needing a cat back so I can afford to wait.
            1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Nice! Did you submit payment already also?
              Yes, I got my PayPal invoice and paid up. Scott said mine will probably ship a week or so after since I was a bit late but, I’m in.

Comment

Received and paid invoice yesterday (5/15).

“we will be shipping next week”

Comment

Too late to join?

Comment

Originally posted by hakstern View Post
                    Too late to join?
                    go to the website and try to buy using the discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

go to the website and try to buy using the discount.

Is there a discount code?

Comment

Understood. I was just surprised when Magpie said she received her invoice (5/12) but I didn't when Scott said I would (5/5).

I'll try to be more patient. Thanks for responding with your experience with him.
                        I was surprised how fast it was too from what I'd heard but Scott was fairly communicative though he seemed very busy. It'll probably get to you soon. Good luck!
                        Last edited by Maybe Magpie; 05-18-2021, 04:21 PM.
                        i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn

stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart

Comment

Originally posted by hakstern View Post

Is there a discount code?
                          no, you use the link in the OP and mention the R3vlimited group buy purchase. You don’t pay for anything at the time, it just starts a purchase order and Scott will reach out to you.

When I purchased mine last week, Scott told me they had a couple left so there is a chance you might be able to get one... but don’t hold your breath. I consider myself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Magpie View Post

*her invoice. I was surprised how fast it was too from what I'd heard but Scott was fairly communicative though he seemed very busy. It'll probably get to you soon. Good luck!
                            corrected

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post

no, you use the link in the OP and mention the R3vlimited group buy purchase. You don’t pay for anything at the time, it just starts a purchase order and Scott will reach out to you.

When I purchased mine last week, Scott told me they had a couple left so there is a chance you might be able to get one... but don’t hold your breath. I consider myself lucky.
                            I wonder what the actual number is now after those who mentioned they could not wait and the addition of a few more.

Comment

Here is my follow up question to those who have installed.
                              How do you like the sound ?
                              Any drone ?
                              Too loud? Not loud enough?

Comment

Not installed, ran into some issues. Maybe someone who has previously installed can help?

Looks like tab on driver's front side is oriented wrong? Can anyone confirm?

Having a little trouble getting driver's rear side to attach.

On the inner side, they seem to fit okay.

_____

I forgot I took this other picture earlier before trying to install. It shows the 2 tabs on the driver's side are not in the same orientation... I also just noticed the 2 rear weld tabs that are used for the hangers are not lined up, maybe that's why I'm having trouble bolting them together.

And I found this picture online, which shows the driver's side tabs are oriented the same, and that the rears are aligned for a hanger, which makes sense.

I'll call Stromung on Tuesday after the holiday and see what they can do about it, if anything. Hope everyone else's doesn't have any issues during the install. Please upload photos to share the build.

_____

Decided to take off the hangers and use zipties until its sorted out.

Also found this small image directly from Stromung's website...
                                Last edited by projectJTv4; 05-28-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X