No announcement yet.

Stromung cat back Group Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For future reference, here is the timeline of this Group Buy (thank you again, Stan for organizing!)

4/05 - Stan initiates Group Buy (post #320)
    4/07 - Group Buy reaches minimum of 10 (post #327)
    4/11 - I put in order to Stromung (post #335)
    4/12 - Scott emails, "I received your order and you are #5 on the GB list. I will be in contact on the finish date."
    5/05 - Scott emails, "We are closing the group buy. We didnt quite get to 10 so the discount ended up -10% so your system cost is 598.00 and the shipping is 39.00. Is PayPal ok for payment?"
    5/05 - Scott emails, "Ya we waited extra time but only got to 7. We dont do will calls unfortunately. I will send you a payment link a little later."
    5/15 - Scott emails, "Sorry for the delay I was travelling. We will be shipping next week and here is your payment info;"
    5/15 - PayPal invoice received and paid
    5/20 - UPS tracking number generated
    5/26 - UPS picks up package
    5/27 - UPS delivers package

It took about 6-7 weeks for me to receive my exhaust. I'm not sure if others have received theirs or are still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by projectJTv4 View Post
      For future reference, here is the timeline of this Group Buy (thank you again, Stan for organizing!)

4/05 - Stan initiates Group Buy (post #320)
      4/07 - Group Buy reaches minimum of 10 (post #327)
      4/11 - I put in order to Stromung (post #335)
      4/12 - Scott emails, "I received your order and you are #5 on the GB list. I will be in contact on the finish date."
      5/05 - Scott emails, "We are closing the group buy. We didnt quite get to 10 so the discount ended up -10% so your system cost is 598.00 and the shipping is 39.00. Is PayPal ok for payment?"
      5/05 - Scott emails, "Ya we waited extra time but only got to 7. We dont do will calls unfortunately. I will send you a payment link a little later."
      5/15 - Scott emails, "Sorry for the delay I was travelling. We will be shipping next week and here is your payment info;"
      5/15 - PayPal invoice received and paid
      5/20 - UPS tracking number generated
      5/26 - UPS picks up package
      5/27 - UPS delivers package

It took about 6-7 weeks for me to receive my exhaust. I'm not sure if others have received theirs or are still waiting.
      that's good to know!

Also, that exhaust hanger bit looks like it's bent or something? Damaged in shipping? That aint right for sure.
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by m3clutch View Post

that's good to know!

Also, that exhaust hanger bit looks like it's bent or something? Damaged in shipping? That aint right for sure.
        I’d have to agree, it looks like it got bent in shipping. I’m curious how they will resolve it, or if they will have you bend it back yourself and knock some $$$ off the price. Has anyone else received theirs to confirm if they too have the same issue? Mine hasn’t shipped yet, but Scott mentioned mine would go out a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post

I’d have to agree, it looks like it got bent in shipping. I’m curious how they will resolve it, or if they will have you bend it back yourself and knock some $$$ off the price. Has anyone else received theirs to confirm if they too have the same issue? Mine hasn’t shipped yet, but Scott mentioned mine would go out a week later.
          Another buyer from round 1 or 2 had that happen and just bent it back

Comment

I installed mine already and I had to bend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toowav View Post
              I installed mine already and I had to bend it.
              how does it sound?

Comment

Any ideas on modifying my current stromung exhaust to fit an mtech 2 rear bumper aside from cutting the rear bumper? Couldn't pass up the mtech kit I found and just recently installed the 325i exhaust. Kit is currently getting painted. Also i like the way the double wall perforated tips look and I think the mtech option Scott offers is not perforated?

Comment

Originally posted by agarcia View Post
                  Any ideas on modifying my current stromung exhaust to fit an mtech 2 rear bumper aside from cutting the rear bumper? Couldn't pass up the mtech kit I found and just recently installed the 325i exhaust. Kit is currently getting painted. Also i like the way the double wall perforated tips look and I think the mtech option Scott offers is not perforated?
                  how does it sound? Any droning at low RPM?

Comment

Here’s a video https://youtu.be/9-WPQErpA5g

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

how does it sound? Any droning at low RPM?
                      The droning is actually pretty noticeable between 2200-2500 rpms. I get some vibrations in the cabin and it can get a bit annoying at times if i pay attention to it. At first I thought it wasn't tightened correctly since I have an aftermarket cat and one side seemed to not sit flush, so i had it welded hoping that was the case. It got a tad quieter but still around the same rpms ill hear the droning. Other than the droning, its exactly what i was looking for. Sounds nice on the highway and I like the idle.

Since you mentioned the droning, do you have the same style? would the non perforated version sound a bit better at lower rpms?

Comment

Installed in my son's 325i cabrio. Drones at low RPM but fine at idle and higher RPM
                        Straight dual perforated.

Comment

Originally posted by agarcia View Post
                          You just have to determine which Mtech 2 Rear bumper you have. Apparently there are two versions, one with exhaust cutouts for slanted tips and one for straight tips. Which exhaust did you end up buying? The more common version is for slanted tips.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

You just have to determine which Mtech 2 Rear bumper you have. Apparently there are two versions, one with exhaust cutouts for slanted tips and one for straight tips. Which exhaust did you end up buying? The more common version is for slanted tips.
                            I ended up purchasing the straight tips exhaust for a non mtech bumper last year from Scott. As for the type of mtech rear bumper, its being shipped from overseas so ill just have to wait and find out then if i will purchase a stromung mtech specific exhaust or see if i can modify this current one. I believe the mtech stromung exhaust is also a bit longer correct?

Comment

I finally received my Stromung exhaust from the previous group buy and it has the wrong tips. Does anyone know if there is a big sound difference between the resonated and non-resonated tips? I was thinking the exhaust tips would only be cosmetic and I was ready to live with that but I think the sound is going to be different too.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Stromung Tips 1.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	10020142 Click image for larger version

Name:	Stromung Tips 2.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	10020143
                              sigpic84 325e

Comment

Was late to the order but made it in time. Just got delivered on Thursday and installed today. Took about 2 hours total, I just cut old out bolts pipe rubber mounts and all. The new one went in real easy. I bought all new rubber mounts and muffler mounts. Everything fit great, my tailpipe is 1/2 “ off center so I’ll have to bend the straps a bit to get it to center. BTW don’t need the bottom straps, I should have looked closer oh well.

One question, how tight are you tightening the spring/bolts to the cat? I’ve got about 3/4” threads showing, spring not bottomed out, pretty snug but I didn’t muscle them too hard

tried to add a couple pics but file size too big from my phones camera (I’m technically deficient)

Comment

Working...
                                X