X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sampayne
    replied
    Originally posted by TRUe30 View Post
    Aye,...thanks for this thread,.. Working on scoring a JOM set-up from another member, in the process of a full suspension rebuild/upgrade anyway, post pics of before & after(for a proper build thread),... assume I can run billy-sports with these, since I have a pair,....
    Bringing this thread back from the dead, ... but did you ever end up doing the jom/bilstein combo? As I just bought an IS that has joms installed and would like to swap out the blown shocks.

Leave a comment:

• be34st
    replied
    Anyone looking to sell a used setup?

Leave a comment:

• blazing
    replied
    Originally posted by gabe_e30 View Post
    Sorry to reopen this. But these coilovers do NOT require cutting the strut housing, correct?
    No cutting required but it would make adjusting them a hell of a lot easier.

Leave a comment:

• gabe_e30
    replied
    Sorry to reopen this. But these coilovers do NOT require cutting the strut housing, correct?

Leave a comment:

• TRUe30
    replied
    Aye,...thanks for this thread,.. Working on scoring a JOM set-up from another member, in the process of a full suspension rebuild/upgrade anyway, post pics of before & after(for a proper build thread),... assume I can run billy-sports with these, since I have a pair,....

Leave a comment:

• e30trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by J3M93 View Post
    If anyone on here has more than 100mm of clearance in the front with an is lip, how far from the bottom was your adjuster? I need to know because that is the legal lowest my car can be and i don't want to have to go back and readjust them
    LOL WUT? take of lip and go lower then

Leave a comment:

• J3M93
    replied
    If anyone on here has more than 100mm of clearance in the front with an is lip, how far from the bottom was your adjuster? I need to know because that is the legal lowest my car can be and i don't want to have to go back and readjust them

Leave a comment:

• spike68
    replied
    ^nope

Originally posted by gsharp View Post
    Can anyone confirm the difference between Vert/Coupe Jom coilovers? Nothing appears to be different to me. Just the spring rates perhaps?
    different spring rates is correct. Since cabrios usually weigh more than hardtops, the spring rates for the verts are higher than the hardtops. A lot of members with hardtops actually run the vert setups to add a little more stiffness.

Leave a comment:

• manpie
    replied
    nothing. I'm running some on my vert.

Leave a comment:

• gsharp
    replied
    Can anyone confirm the difference between Vert/Coupe Jom coilovers? Nothing appears to be different to me. Just the spring rates perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• S13_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by randomsv650 View Post
    What color is that?

Leave a comment:

• CR325IS
    replied
    The rear spring in the kit is too soft? how soft is too soft because I use the eibach pro kit with bilstein touring shocks and I bottom out quite often. Been looking to get this kit and was wondering if I should use the eibach rear spring in place of the JOM?

Leave a comment:

• LRG SOUP
    replied
    I have been running on my JOMs for about 2 months and I like them since I daily drive my car everyday. not too stiff at all for casual cruising. They corner decently too with a little body roll. I do too have the issue of the passenger rear being a little lower than the driver's side rear. But not too bad. here is a picture

Front and rear adjusted fully to the lowest setting.

Leave a comment:

• randomsv650
    replied
    nice. car looks great btw. yeah let them settle and see where they are at!

Leave a comment:

• htown318is
    replied
    yeah, I installed them exact same way.

Im not experiencing excessive bounce from any particular corner though.

Im hoping they just haven't settled in evenly just yet.

thanks for the reply, this is how she sits right now. fronts about 5/8 way down and rears all the way down with pads and adjusters.

notice how on this one, rear arch sits a bit higher than passenger side.

this side sits lower, and this is on any pavement no matter how level it is.

ill get some better pics up, and hopefully this settles nicely!

as for ride, pretty nice ride on the highway., just need some better tires and freshen up some steering components!!

happy with these so far!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X