JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
    Lol, Thanks. but my fronts are not as low as others. i even cut off the spring perch. how low is yours? got a pic?
    It could depend on your current set up that your car may not appear to be as low.
    Are you running stock wheels? if so, your front tires should tuck under the fender a bit. They should also grab the fender if you turn full lock every now and then too. :D

but id probably follow your oil pan height, which seems to be about right cause its pretty much the same as mine.

My sig is a pic of when it was not all the way down, so its a tad lower. I can snuggly slide a finger between my tire and fender. I dont have a pic of the way it currently looks.
    I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

well thats what i get for running 16x9s lol! thanks for the help.

Comment

Great coilovers, and surprised with comfort, however are mine installed properly they're all the way down...

Comment

anyone on that can help..now.. i dont see a way to unthread the oem collar off of the strut housing to take out the shock, we tried just channel locking onto the collar but it wont budge. anything im missing?????

Comment

Originally posted by panzertank View Post
            anyone on that can help..now.. i dont see a way to unthread the oem collar off of the strut housing to take out the shock, we tried just channel locking onto the collar but it wont budge. anything im missing?????
            USE TWO PIPE WRENCHES
            Or a pipe wrench and a vise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks. we had the strut dropped down and we were trying to untighten it. we bolted it back into the frame, and used channel locks.

Heres a note for anyone without an impact wrench:

If you can't get the top bolt out of the old shock, angle grind the heck outt of two sides of the shock piece to hold it in a vice. then you cant unbolt it.

Comment

my front driver sized collar on the strut housing is completely siezed. i guess last opetion is just get a junkyard knuckle/strut and use that

Comment

Originally posted by panzertank View Post
                  Sounds like your friend, corrosion. Maybe try some heat from a torch...

Comment

yea try to apply some heat, i have used a big monkey wrench in the past with success but pb blaster and heat that bitch there are also better penetrating oils than pb blaster that are not readily available too
                    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

I've been using pb blaster and heat, still no luck. tonight I'm going to take the whole strut housing out and put the collar in a vise. then use heat and turn the housing to loosen it. hopefully I can get a better grip and crack this sucker

Comment

finally got it! i did what i said from the last post and sure enough wit came loose!

Comment

so, better than bilstens and h&r races? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                            so, better than bilstens and h&r races? ;)
                            As far as height drop, yes. Handling, no.

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                              As far as height drop, yes. Handling, no.
                              fudge, i think imma need to sell my joms and just get some drop hats

anyone interested in coupe JOM coilovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                                fudge, i think imma need to sell my joms and just get some drop hats

anyone interested in coupe JOM coilovers?
                                Dont jump to conclusions yet. Why not try them out first?
                                Im damn happy with mine. The price is ridiculously awesome. Sure you can track these, just as long as theyre not all the way down when you do it. Im sure a few of the guys on here have tracked them before.

I would just give them a shot. Just cause theyre not as good as what we consider "the norm" here, doesnt mean theyre bad. You bought em already, why not try them?

Comment

Working...
                                X