No announcement yet.

JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a good amount of miles on mine, so far very happy. Fronts are probably ahalf way down. Rears are all the way down. Think if i took the adjuster out it'd sit a little more level? I like the raked look but rear could deff be lower

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

how did you install the adjuster in the rear? does it go on the top end of the spring or the bottom? I left the spring pads in without the adjuster because I just couldnt figure out how to fit it on the pad since it just wont fit. and the smallest coil for the rear spring sits on the bottom spring pad right?

that's how Ive got it installed and its hella bouncy. and its pretty low, on 17's ive covered more than half of the tire.

Comment

I've been driving on these coils for over a month now and am very happy with them. not too bouncy at all. just the right amount of comfort with stiffness. Good handling in my opinion; but i can only compare to my 20 year old stock suspension.

This is a picture with the front coils almost all the way down, probably 7 threads left. and the back doesn't even have the adjuster in it.

Comment

Originally posted by htown318is View Post
          how did you install the adjuster in the rear? does it go on the top end of the spring or the bottom? I left the spring pads in without the adjuster because I just couldnt figure out how to fit it on the pad since it just wont fit. and the smallest coil for the rear spring sits on the bottom spring pad right?

that's how Ive got it installed and its hella bouncy. and its pretty low, on 17's ive covered more than half of the tire.
          i think they're bouncy because of the rear springs, not very stiff. i installed them with the pads in and the adjuster on the top. works fine IMO. eventually i cut the adjust off so am just running the spring/pads/and the little coller that sits inside the spring.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
            fudge, i think imma need to sell my joms and just get some drop hats

anyone interested in coupe JOM coilovers?

YES how much for the entire set? PM me
            sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

finally got it set up. rear is on with adjusters to the lowest and pads on. however small problem is:

rear passenger side is a half inch lower than the other?? ive tried on different grounds to see if it was uneven ground but it is not.

what could it be? bad shock?

Comment

Originally posted by htown318is View Post
                finally got it set up. rear is on with adjusters to the lowest and pads on. however small problem is:

rear passenger side is a half inch lower than the other?? ive tried on different grounds to see if it was uneven ground but it is not.

what could it be? bad shock?
                Possibly bad shock. Installed them the same exact way? didnt forget a spring pad or anything?

Comment

yeah, I installed them exact same way.

Im not experiencing excessive bounce from any particular corner though.

Im hoping they just haven't settled in evenly just yet.

thanks for the reply, this is how she sits right now. fronts about 5/8 way down and rears all the way down with pads and adjusters.

notice how on this one, rear arch sits a bit higher than passenger side.

this side sits lower, and this is on any pavement no matter how level it is.

ill get some better pics up, and hopefully this settles nicely!

as for ride, pretty nice ride on the highway., just need some better tires and freshen up some steering components!!

happy with these so far!!

Comment

nice. car looks great btw. yeah let them settle and see where they are at!

Comment

I have been running on my JOMs for about 2 months and I like them since I daily drive my car everyday. not too stiff at all for casual cruising. They corner decently too with a little body roll. I do too have the issue of the passenger rear being a little lower than the driver's side rear. But not too bad. here is a picture

Front and rear adjusted fully to the lowest setting.

Comment

The rear spring in the kit is too soft? how soft is too soft because I use the eibach pro kit with bilstein touring shocks and I bottom out quite often. Been looking to get this kit and was wondering if I should use the eibach rear spring in place of the JOM?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomsv650 View Post
                          What color is that?

Comment

Can anyone confirm the difference between Vert/Coupe Jom coilovers? Nothing appears to be different to me. Just the spring rates perhaps?

Comment

nothing. I'm running some on my vert.

Comment

^nope

Originally posted by gsharp View Post
                                Can anyone confirm the difference between Vert/Coupe Jom coilovers? Nothing appears to be different to me. Just the spring rates perhaps?
                                different spring rates is correct. Since cabrios usually weigh more than hardtops, the spring rates for the verts are higher than the hardtops. A lot of members with hardtops actually run the vert setups to add a little more stiffness.
                                I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X