X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RawToast
    replied
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    I think that's a given, your car will perform way better with new suspension bits. Hell, even a stock e30 with refreshed suspension performs well but in regards to the JOMs, they are exactly as described.
    That's what I mean, what should I buy lol?

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by RawToast View Post
    What else should someone buy with these? Bushings, control arms etc?
    I think that's a given, your car will perform way better with new suspension bits. Hell, even a stock e30 with refreshed suspension performs well but in regards to the JOMs, they are exactly as described.

Leave a comment:

• RawToast
    replied
    What else should someone buy with these? Bushings, control arms etc?

Leave a comment:

• Hellabad
    replied
    Originally posted by wnamane View Post
    Does anyone know which camber plates are compatible with these coils? I can't find any supplier that makes compatible plates.

The R3V sponsor, Ground Control, has several different ones for the e30 that will work with generic coilovers.

Leave a comment:

• JJe30
    replied
    Good review. I was planning on getting a set of my late model DD at some point.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    doesn't wheel hop have to do with ratio of springs rates and softer tires?
    yes, i'm saying i think what I thought was wheel hop ended up being a problem with the rears being too soft.

Leave a comment:

• Zinno_e30
    replied
    Does anyone know which camber plates are compatible with these coils? I can't find any supplier that makes compatible plates.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    doesn't wheel hop have to do with ratio of springs rates and softer tires?

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    I have it on a sedan too. But now that I think about it, the 'wheel hop' I got could have been the product of having 500 front springs and 300 rear. So I'm definitely going to be buying some new springs for the rear and report back after some track days.

Leave a comment:

• e30gentry
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    This is a few days late but I autocrossed my car on these on Sunday. I have the 'vert kit with aftermarket camber plates and loved them. The car really stayed flat through the corners and wasn't bouncy at all. The only problem is there was a bit of wheel hop which I am assuming is due to the shocks not being stiff enough. Also, the rear didn't seem as it should be when you consider how stiff the fronts are. So some time down the road I MIGHT replace the shocks and get new rear springs.

However, since the point of these coils are more for going low and better, not best, performance. These are great, especially for the money. If you are buying these solely for track performance, there are better options out there. If you want to drive your daily driver to the track and have a comfortable ride home, these are awesome.
    I am in 100% agreement and the same set up on a sedan.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    This is a few days late but I autocrossed my car on these on Sunday. I have the 'vert kit with aftermarket camber plates and loved them. The car really stayed flat through the corners and wasn't bouncy at all. The only problem is there was a bit of wheel hop which I am assuming is due to the shocks not being stiff enough. Also, the rear didn't seem as it should be when you consider how stiff the fronts are. So some time down the road I MIGHT replace the shocks and get new rear springs.

However, since the point of these coils are more for going low and better, not best, performance. These are great, especially for the money. If you are buying these solely for track performance, there are better options out there. If you want to drive your daily driver to the track and have a comfortable ride home, these are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• dinanm3atl
    replied
    Not sure. Never ridden or driven on the RD Springs.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I have a set of RD springs.....in your opinion.....paired with new sport billies....which would be the better set-up on a 318is???

Leave a comment:

• dinanm3atl
    replied
    Yup.

Keep in mind you would normally use your stock upper strut mounts. I put camber plates on mine.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
    Yes. Keep in mind though I put on undersized tires. Some poor calculations on my end. Also it's an 87 so I have higher arches. Late model with proper sized tires it would look much better.
    I just wanted to clear that up for anyone looking. Looks like a steller deal for people that cannot afford expensive GC setups.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X