Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is something i would buy
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Everyone needs a pair in their life. Survived a lot of abuse at pocono East course

Attached Files
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

^^ how hard was it to install?
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Not that bad aside from getting the splined axle stub out of the hub. Mine are stuck something awful. Broke a gear puller trying to get it out. I gave up and will try with heat after a good soaking of pb blaster
          Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Easy considering the last time I installed axles I used anti sieze. Slid right out.

Comment

Come on group buy plzzzz!

Comment

Am in like Flint ;)

Comment

Any long time reviews on these?

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    Everyone needs a pair in their life. Survived a lot of abuse at pocono East course

http://youtu.be/gqOeBE767QA
                    What coil overs are those?

Comment

Bc racing but switching to CA tuned this week. True rear coil.

Comment

How many of you have installed your axles? I finally got around to installing mine, and noticed that on one of them, there was a bit of play on the splines. Normally you have to do a bit of cleaning with some degreaser and wire brush, sometimes even a small file, to even get a stock axle to slide into the hub. On one of these CA Tuned axles however, it literally falls into place and there is noticeable play in the splines. Not a huge amount, but enough to visually see movement, and hear the play as well, as you hold the axle, and roll the hub back and forth. Obviously, this play disappeared when I tightened the axle nut. I'm just a little concerned about longevity of the splines and/or the nut coming loose over time due to forward/backward rocking of the splines under hard accel/decel. This was an axle specific clearance issue, not the hub.

Just curious if anyone else noticed this, or knows if this is a potential problem.
                        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                        e30 restoration and V8 swap
                        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Their shouldn't be any play.. Perhaps it was your hub the problem all along.

Are you using the same hub you damaged your other axles with?

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
                            Their shouldn't be any play.. Perhaps it was your hub the problem all along.

Are you using the same hub you damaged your other axles with?

No, I ditched all of those parts and picked up a good used set of trailing arms/hubs/axles, which I've been using for the past 15k miles.

It's not a hub issue, the other CA Tuned axle fit into both hubs perfectly with no play. And neither of my stock axles had play. It was only the one CA Tuned axle that had play inside the hub.

Comment

I hope Catuned is taking care of you on that?..

Comment

I didn't contact them yet. That's why I posted here, to see if this is an actual concern or not. I'll contact them to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X