X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
    We need more axle options so I'm not totally surprised there is a market here. Especially given all the swaps and power adders. It's basically OEM or take your chances with a cheap one. There are those $1,000 axles (forget who) but that's not very attractive based on price.
    Those use Porsche 108mm CV's with custom diff flanges. I wish they offered a version that was cheaper, with standard size inner CV's that utilized stock flanges, as I've yet to see an inner CV failure (I'm sure the 600+whp guys have, but I've been through 3 axles with 300whp, and they've all been spline & outer CV damage).

I'm hoping that's what these CA Tuned axles are. A new, better then OEM hardened shaft, with stronger than OEM outer CV joints.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_M
    replied
    We need more axle options so I'm not totally surprised there is a market here. Especially given all the swaps and power adders. It's basically OEM or take your chances with a cheap one. There are those $1,000 axles (forget who) but that's not very attractive based on price.

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Are you able to elaborate on exactly what part of these axles are upgraded over stock? Is every single part a new component built to your spec? Or are you taking new standard shafts, and putting upgraded CV joints on them? If so, is it the inner joint, outer joint, both? I ask because the common failure mode is twisting/breaking at the splines, and exploding outer CV joints. So I'd like to know how your design improved on the factory axles.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• catuned
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood View Post
    catuned - I actually just emailed you regarding these yesterday. One additional question: Will you be keeping these in stock, or just doing batches occasionally? I want to get a set, eventually, but will pick them up sooner if there may be limited availability.
    Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
    What JGood said....
    Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
    Same with what jgood and luke_m said
    Originally posted by goarmy View Post
    am down for a group buy!
    Originally posted by Helltime View Post
    I would also like to know, I can by anytime after the end of september. Or if absolutely needed I could buy now (but would prefer to wait until after my my trip next month).
    We never thought so many ppl would want these. We bought a lot of stock to make these and were honestly down to 3 pairs today. Sold 2 sets this week.
    As long as were able to buy the stock (materials) at the same price we can keep making them. And not raise pricing or anything else.

Give me a few days. I will check and make sure. We should be just fine.
    If we can get a group buy pricing would be less.

Igor P.
    sales@catuned.com

Leave a comment:

• Helltime
    replied
    I would also like to know, I can by anytime after the end of september. Or if absolutely needed I could buy now (but would prefer to wait until after my my trip next month).

Leave a comment:

• goarmy
    replied
    am down for a group buy!

Leave a comment:

• mrcheezle19
    replied
    Same with what jgood and luke_m said

Leave a comment:

• Luke_M
    replied
    What JGood said....

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    catuned - I actually just emailed you regarding these yesterday. One additional question: Will you be keeping these in stock, or just doing batches occasionally? I want to get a set, eventually, but will pick them up sooner if there may be limited availability.

Leave a comment:

• catuned
    replied
    Thanks for the post Frank. Anyone with questions. Please feel free to ask. Or email directly to: sales@catuned.com

Leave a comment:

• GunMetalGrey
    replied
    Any signs of the splines twisting?
    Thinking about grabbing a set for the M50 turbo car

Leave a comment:

• FLG
    replied
    Originally posted by kbaszak View Post
    What did you think about these axles? My driverside rear cv joint just went out and am looking at possibly buying these. Would you recommend them?
    Absolutely.

For the price especially! Even more so if your running forced induction or plan to in the future.

Leave a comment:

• kbaszak
    replied
    What did you think about these axles? My driverside rear cv joint just went out and am looking at possibly buying these. Would you recommend them?

Leave a comment:

• FLG
    replied
    Updated with link!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• mitchlevy7
    replied
    Originally posted by SSR-125 View Post
    what did they cost for the pair? look nice
    +1, they only have the FEQ ones on their site, unless those are what you are refering to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X