Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packratbimmer
    replied
    My 1989 325i runs fantastic on my SSSquid chip. I purchased the 93 octane chip for a stock engine and use of Ford 19 lb 4-pintle injectors. Low speed driving is better than anything I have experienced while driving E30 cars since 1994. Fuel economy is great! Could not be happier. THANKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• e30 brick
    replied
    Cool! Thanking you!

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
    Hello, was hoping to send you a question, your message box is full! Thanks
    He doesn't get on here much anymore. Shoot him an email:

info@sssquid.com

Leave a comment:

• e30 brick
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    :up:

In my experience E30 people tend to be very nice, so I always try to make sure I return the favors that the community has done for me! It was nice to meet you. Say hi next time you're in town.
    Hello, was hoping to send you a question, your message box is full! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• frshmaestro
    replied
    So the Bimmerheads SSSquid chip is a plug and play for a stock 91' 325i?

Anyone have HP/TQ numbers with this chip and a CBE?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• evil_twin
    replied
    SSSquid.

Bought a 19-lb/93-octane/1.0-stage with m30 AFM chip from Jay back in September to replace my AutoThority chip. Had to adjust my idle up and every time I would stall the car it would almost flood and not want to start back up. Aside from that, when the car was running, it ran great!

I ran the car around like that for about 4 months until I decided to email Jay and ask him about the situation. He responded back about how his chips are different and that there is a possibility it might not be the chip, but if it is he offers a lifetime warranty on his product.

I checked everything and decided to send the chip back and install my old AutoThority chip. Vehicle started without an issue, had to turn the throttle plate stop back down. Between then, Jay had been email me about the status of the new chip.

I received the chip today and installed it. Didn't have to change my throttle plate stop to compensate for anything and as of now it's running very well.

I definitely liked the customer support that SSSquid has to offer and will be a returning customer. Shit happens, the fact that he was willing to fix the situation makes it worth it.

tl;dr - SSSquid is good, check them out and give them your business.

Leave a comment:

• mazzo
    replied
    M30 AFM tune

SSSquid M30 AFM tune brings meaning to the M30 AFM swap because M30 AFM by itself does not gain anything (nor 19lb injectors themselves) - a proper mapping with all these mods TOGETHER is what makes the different. (messing with the teeth in the AFM IS NOT TUNING btw....)

And the fact that they spend the time to update the tune (check their website) shows that they are serious about their work and provide excellent support to their products.

I tried MarkD and Comforti chip before, and I would pick SSSquid chip over any others without doubt, especially if you have M30 AFM swap in place.( or unless you want to do a custom tune - in that case they do offer MegaSquirt kit as well).

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    Just want to follow up on this, as Jesse was ON POINT with sorting out some checksum issues with my ECU. He was extremely patient and helpful in sorting out the issue. I can't recommend Jesse and SSSquid tuning enough!
    I'm glad to have been able to help! :)

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    Jesse just turned over a new tune for a new motor of mine in just a day. He helped out a lot with sorting out my needs and specs for the new M20 stage 3 tune. Thanks Jesse!
    Just want to follow up on this, as Jesse was ON POINT with sorting out some checksum issues with my ECU. He was extremely patient and helpful in sorting out the issue. I can't recommend Jesse and SSSquid tuning enough!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
    Running a SSSquid chip on my OBD1 converted m62 swap. Solved all of my power and idle issues. Great product!
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Running an sssquid M30 AFM tune with my M20B25 dbilas setup. Jesse took the time to get the tune just right. Stroker is next.
    :o:up::up::up:

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Running an sssquid M30 AFM tune with my M20B25 dbilas setup. Jesse took the time to get the tune just right. Stroker is next.

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Running a SSSquid chip on my OBD1 converted m62 swap. Solved all of my power and idle issues. Great product!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    That's so great! Makes me so happy when people are pleased with what we offer :)

Leave a comment:

• cgk_iii
    replied
    Installed the "bimmerheads" sssquid chip in my e30 m20b25 274 cam and 17# injectors and couldn't be happier. I ran the car without the chip and 19# injectors and my DME could not compensate for the fuel. Messaged Jesse and he talked me through a few things including injectors and different AFM/MAF's which was very helpful. The tune allowed for great performance without losing much low end from the cam and heaps of power from 3k+ RPMS. My friend Tony also has a sssquid chip for his high performance m20b26 which he is very pleased with. Glad to see your products are still thriving in the e30 market and many more. Would not hesitate to buy again :)

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by blackmist27 View Post
    Thanks again for my chipped DME! installed and loving it!
    So glad to hear! Cheers :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X