Garagistic motometer e30 odometer gears -$25 shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
    Ordered a set on May 23rd and it showed that it was shipped a day or two later and haven't received it yet. Live in CA as well. I emailed to find out the status
    same here. I live in SoCal too..

Comment

just sent payment for a set!

Comment

I just talked to Matt at the warehouse. He said they've been backordered on these for about a week.

Not sure of anything about you guys who said they've been shipped, but it's an update nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          I just talked to Matt at the warehouse. He said they've been backordered on these for about a week.

Not sure of anything about you guys who said they've been shipped, but it's an update nonetheless

That's weird. I understand that when I did place the order they told me it would be in stock in a couple days which I was ok with. However the next day I received another email saying my order has shipped and provided me with USPS tracking number. That's what threw me off. When I checked the status on their website it shows that the order is complete which to me means that the order has been fullfilled or sent out? I was just worried that the item got lost in the mail or something.

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
            That's weird. I understand that when I did place the order they told me it would be in stock in a couple days which I was ok with. However the next day I received another email saying my order has shipped and provided me with USPS tracking number. That's what threw me off. When I checked the status on their website it shows that the order is complete which to me means that the order has been fullfilled or sent out? I was just worried that the item got lost in the mail or something.
            Yeah; I don't know what's going on there. All I know is what Matt told me when we spoke earlier while I was at the shop

However, the guys at Garagisric work hard: I have had multiple transactions with nothing but good to report. Sit tight and they will get the pieces out to you

If something has indeed happened to your order, I am more than 100% convinced they will take care of you like they did me

EDIT:
            It is also a possibility that they simply only paid the shipping fees through PayPal and are awaiting the parts for shipment. If you pay USPS through PayPal, it will always come back as "shipped" in the tracking, whether or not the parts have actually left towards their destination
            Last edited by JinormusJ; 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

We do apologize for the delay. These are shipping about 1 week after the order is placed. If you have any questions please pm us!

Comment

Hey, question...I am going to order the Motometer set since the teeth are pretty manky on my odometer. I THINK that this might explain the steadily-decreasing "gas mileage" that I have experienced for the last 5 years, over which time I have replaced basically every fuel and ignition component without seeing an improvement lol. God help me if this was the cause because I have NO idea how many miles are actually on the car in that case.

Anyway...there seem to be 5 gears total in the odometer, and the Motometer repair sets have 4. Is the green gear not replaceable, or just never fails or something? Thanks!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                  Hey, question...I am going to order the Motometer set since the teeth are pretty manky on my odometer. I THINK that this might explain the steadily-decreasing "gas mileage" that I have experienced for the last 5 years, over which time I have replaced basically every fuel and ignition component without seeing an improvement lol. God help me if this was the cause because I have NO idea how many miles are actually on the car in that case.

Anyway...there seem to be 5 gears total in the odometer, and the Motometer repair sets have 4. Is the green gear not replaceable, or just never fails or something? Thanks!
                  Thats correct. The green never fails (its harder then the others)

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! I ordered the gears a little earlier this evening...now I am sweating about the actual mileage on the car lol. I dropped in a fully built M42 about "6000" miles ago, and while I always keep a close eye on the oil level, I am now thinking that this engine & oil have closer to 9000 miles on them. At least it is high end synthetic oil that can go 10k miles, but still...so here I am half hoping that my gas mileage does not improve!

One more question. I was farting around with the odometer and noticed that the trip odo has some sort of roll-back prevention (defeated by holding the reset lever). Is there any way that I hurt any of the non-replaceable parts by pushing the gears the wrong way against that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                      Is there any way that I hurt any of the non-replaceable parts by pushing the gears the wrong way against that?
                      Wont hurt anything to roll forward or back

Just make sure the mileage hasn't been logged in a DMV database or at least have the miles roll over so it doesn't come up on a AutoCheck/Carfax.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        Wont hurt anything to roll forward or back

Just make sure the mileage hasn't been logged in a DMV database or at least have the miles roll over so it doesn't come up on a AutoCheck/Carfax.
                        The miles get logged every time the car is SMOG'ed, so it's all in some DMV database. Based on what I can tell, I think that the main culprit for my crappy mileage is probably my Innovate LC-1 wide band controller...turns out that they are very unreliable. The odometer probably only really suffered a serious failure (broken gear tooth) in the last 10k miles, so the total is hopefully somewhat accurate still. We'll see once I get the new gears in and I see my gas mileage.

Comment

I meant, make sure you don't roll it passed the last logged mileage; or if you do, only roll it far enough so that it rolls over the next time you get it smogged, etc.

Comment

Aah I got ya. Yeah I only rolled it back a mile or two just to see how it all worked, then I rolled it forward about 100 miles since that was about how short I came up at my last fill-up.

Comment

Just ordered my set of motometer gears, can't wait to get my odometer to roll again. :D

^Copyright Audiwark^

Comment

Orders recieved. Please keep in mind we are about 1 week behind on these. Shipping in the order they are received. We are working to get these out as fasst as we can!

Comment

Working...
                                X