Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM'd you djmossm42

Comment

Soo... Finally got around to doing the install.
      Love the colour and spread. Throw isn't great.

BUT I am getting a low beam check light!!! I thought these weren't supposed to do that!

Also, should the lights be facing the sides or up/down? Wasn't sure what would be best.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Mook613; 10-19-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mook613 View Post
        Soo... Finally got around to doing the install.
        Love the colour and spread. Throw isn't great.

BUT I am getting a low beam check light!!! I thought these weren't supposed to do that!

Also, should the lights be facing the sides or up/down? Wasn't sure what would be best.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
        Please provide more details about your headlights and vehicle.

If you have H1 bulbs, they only face up and down. If you have 9005/6 bulbs, there is a thumb screw that allows you to rotate the base 90°.

As far as errors they should not cause an error in most cases. You are the first person to inform us of this type of issue. I need a little more Info about your vehicle to determine the possible causes. If it is determined to be manufacturing related we can open an RMA for exchange or refund

Regards,
        Bryon
        Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
        LED Bulb Thread
        R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
          Please provide more details about your headlights and vehicle.

If you have H1 bulbs, they only face up and down. If you have 9005/6 bulbs, there is a thumb screw that allows you to rotate the base 90°.

As far as errors they should not cause an error in most cases. You are the first person to inform us of this type of issue. I need a little more Info about your vehicle to determine the possible causes. If it is determined to be manufacturing related we can open an RMA for exchange or refund

Regards,
          Bryon
          9006 bulbs in a US Ellipsoid housing.
          Suspicion is that the electrical connection isn't 100% tight (haven't had a chance to confirm yet)

Which direction would be ideal, the LEDs pointing to the sides or up/down? I could try just testing both, but typing is easier :)

Thanks

Comment

Suspicion is that the electrical connection isn't 100% tight (haven't had a chance to confirm yet)

Which direction would be ideal, the LEDs pointing to the sides or up/down? I could try just testing both, but typing is easier :)

Thanks
            I have the euro smilies which use H1 and they point up/dn which is best to get light through the smilies. I haven't had personal experience with the 9006 in the US versions so you will have to experiment. If the reflector is more wide than tall I would try to the sides so the furthest points of the reflector gets the most direct light. If it is more evenly round it may not make a difference.

The manufacturer has canbus modules available so we will have those available in the coming weeks for $20/pair shipped.

Keep us posted!
            Thanks
            Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
            LED Bulb Thread
            R6 LED Review

Comment

Thanks
              Did you get a chance to experiment with rotating the base? Electrical connections ok?
              Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
              R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                Did you get a chance to experiment with rotating the base? Electrical connections ok?
                After trying to plug/unplug, clean connections, etc. it appears that one of the two bulbs I got is causing the problem and is giving me the 'check' light.
                Is there a process to have it replaced?

Comment

Here is my review on the lights:

They are VERY bright and they piss other drivers off. The only downfall is they throw low beam or high beam faults in my e34. Looking into this further it can be fixed with the proper resistor wired inline. Would and may buy again in the near future for my other vehicles.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

After trying to plug/unplug, clean connections, etc. it appears that one of the two bulbs I got is causing the problem and is giving me the 'check' light.
                    Is there a process to have it replaced?
                    Please pm me to discuss your options
                    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                    Here is my review on the lights:

They are VERY bright and they piss other drivers off. The only downfall is they throw low beam or high beam faults in my e34. Looking into this further it can be fixed with the proper resistor wired inline. Would and may buy again in the near future for my other vehicles.
                    We will have canbus modules available very soon that are designed for each bulb type/connector and should any eliminate any errors you may be having. They are sold in pairs @$25.

Existing customers, please contact me with your order # for a special offer.

Thank you,
                    Bryon
                    Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 04:37 PM.
                    Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                    R6 LED Review

Comment

Has anyone installed the light in DEPO smileys??

Would be great to have a build-thread like the one uptop with the foglight.. The thing is, the connection on the round black cap (on the headlight) isn't on the backside, its on the side.. so not too sure the best way to install them..

I'm quite the wrench n00b but any help would be great.

thx

Comment

Also, can someone tell me which of the Blue and White wires are Ground/Power?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle cone View Post
                          Has anyone installed the light in DEPO smileys??

Would be great to have a build-thread like the one uptop with the foglight.. The thing is, the connection on the round black cap (on the headlight) isn't on the backside, its on the side.. so not too sure the best way to install them..

I'm quite the wrench n00b but any help would be great.

thx
                          This is on my to-do list and will try to apply some of Joe's approach above but that list is long, lol. So, if someone would like to post their install pics and instructions it would help all of us out and I'll make it worth your while.
                          Originally posted by Waffle cone View Post
                          Also, can someone tell me which of the Blue and White wires are Ground/Power?
                          The wire with the smaller spade is ground, and I believe it is white. Not sure why they used those colors. I suggested they use green, black, or brown for the ground wires in the future.

UPDATES

A new round is open and this will be the last shipment for the year and will be shipped before Christmas.

You can also buy direct, which means your order is forwarded to the manufacturer for immediate production no minimum. These are on sale for the month of November @ $74.99.

Have A Great Day!
                          Bryon

store.shadowlinemotirsport.com
                          Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 04:39 PM.
                          Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

How to reserve again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            E30///318is Hartge

Comment

Originally posted by Robots5 View Post
                              How to reserve again?

Hi,

You can Register & Reserve Here:

Thanks!

store.shadowlinemotirsport.com
                              Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                              R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by Robots5 View Post
                                How to reserve again?

Sorry wrong link,

Register & Reserve Here!

Buy 2 or more and get $35 off your order!

LED Bulbs, Power Window Switches, & Apparel

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                                R6 LED Review

Comment

Working...
                                X