Clear All

Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
    How did you get a tracking number?
    Was in the Paypal notification e-mail

Comment

How did you get a tracking number?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
      It automatically goes to the email you used for PayPal. I'll send you pm.
      Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
      LED Bulb Thread
      R6 LED Review

Comment

Got mine in the mail. They look great and seem to be made of high quality! Haven't installed them yet. Should be able to test out tomorrow.

May have already answered this, but, do you have some that will fit the fogs too?

Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Got mine in the mail. They look great and seem to be made of high quality! Haven't installed them yet. Should be able to test out tomorrow.

May have already answered this, but, do you have some that will fit the fogs too?

Yep, we have H3 bulbs from the same manufacturer in the R4A model. I think I have 2 sets on hand but need to confirm the color temperatures though. I'm glad your are pleased with the build quality and sure you will be equally impressed with their performance!
          Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
          LED Bulb Thread
          R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
            Yep, we have H3 bulbs from the same manufacturer in the R4A model. I think I have 2 sets on hand but need to confirm the color temperatures though. I'm glad your are pleased with the build quality and sure you will be equally impressed with their performance!
            Looking for 3k.

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Looking for 3k.

Ok I think I have them I will let you know in the morning.
              Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
              R6 LED Review

Comment

Sorry, This is all I have ready for immediate shipment.

H3/6000k
                H1/4300k
                H1/6000k
                9006/4300k

We will be starting another very soon on our new website. Just finalizing some details before we go live.

Thanks

LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

New round open check first post!
                  Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                  R6 LED Review

Comment

Finally got mine on. But I think I need to adjust my height, cause I can't really see far. Seems to be pointing towards more to the ground. But the color is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. May get some for the highs and fogs next!

Comment

Finally got mine on. But I think I need to adjust my height, cause I can't really see far. Seems to be pointing towards more to the ground. But the color is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. May get some for the highs and fogs next!

Good deal! If you have a chance please post a couple pics.

Thanks
                      B
                      Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                      R6 LED Review

Comment

Got mine in the mail with the intentions of installing them in my ZKW headlights on my E36. Unfortunately, I was not able to get them to fit properly in the ZKW housing and still retain the ability to adjust the beams and use the leveling motors. Just to clarify, this is a result of the ZKW headlight design and not the bulbs!

I ended up buying a cheap set of E36 fogs and installed them in there with a bit of modification and they work great! Definitely brighter than the original halogen bulbs and they run much cooler than HID's so they're perfect for smaller light housings if you're worried about heat.

Install process (this is for an E36 fog light but the same process can be used for most housings):

Fog, bulb, and one of the supplied grommets for sealing out water:

Remove the back cap and snip the wire leads:

Cut the plug out of the back of the cap, try and trim as close to the plug as possible. My housings were pretty cheap so the plastic was a bit soft and I was able to cut it with a box cutter and a fresh blade:

Using your box cutter or a craft knife or something, trim the hole to a 7/8" circle to fit the grommet:

If you are able to keep the little box on the wire in your light housing you can skip this step, but I did not have room so I cut the wire between the box and the bulb:

I also took the grommet and cut a slot slightly smaller than the wire so that I can pass it through the grommet with the heat sinks:

Thread the heatsinks through the grommet along with the wire:

On the other end of the harness, I snipped the wire terminals and connected the plug I removed from the fog light cap, this makes the bulbs plug and play with my car's harness:

Solder everything back together and heatshrink to seal out the elements (I also covered the open terminals on the plug in the picture, don't worry):

On the housings, the openings for the H1 bulbs weren't quite wide enough to clear the slightly wider LED bulbs so I trimmed the housings to fit.
                        Before:

After:

Install the grommet in the fog light cap (with the bulb and everything assembled) and then secure the bulb in the housing:

Slide the grommet and cap down the heatsinks towards the housing and secure them together. you're left with a sealed LED fog light:

Once both sides are done, pop them into the car and admire the results!

Definitely happy with them, thanks Bryon!
                        Last edited by 91tii; 10-10-2016, 04:44 AM.

1999 Alpinweiß M3
                        1991 Alpinweiß 318is
                        1991 Alpinweiß 318i

Comment

Joe,

Awesome write-up and definitely beyond what I expected. I really appreciate you taking the time to document your installation so thoroughly. Top Notch work and the final result looks amazing! Sorry they didn't work out in the ZKWs, maybe the next generation bulb will fit and allow full functionality😉. Thanks again!

R3V,

The E30 Euro Smilies use a similar cap so if you want to completely seal them and have a super clean look, I think you can apply just about everything in Joe's write-up.

Thanks Bryon

LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

17 days left in the current round,

Reserve here: http://store.shadowlinemotorsport.co...ulbs_p_12.html

LED Bulb Thread
                            R6 LED Review

Comment

Just put my order in!

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
                                Just put my order in!
                                Thanks 👍
                                Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                                R6 LED Review

Comment

Working...
                                X