Lowtec Springs Group Buy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jflip2002
    replied
    On BF.C Now...... Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    Yes-it is still open.
    It ends on 8/15 with payment due by 8/18 and shipping early September.
    Correct- 60/50mm is front/rear drop.
    Springs only or complete setup?
    I put you down for springs only.

    Go to:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.





    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Is the GB still open or no? I need me some springs.

    And stupid newbie question, the 60/50 is referring to f/r MMs lowered, corrrect? If so, I'll take the 60/50 (assuming the GB is still open)

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Is the GB still open or no? I need me some springs.

    And stupid newbie question, the 60/50 is referring to f/r MMs lowered, corrrect? If so, I'll take the 60/50 (assuming the GB is still open)

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    woot!

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    BF has been down for 3 days and is finally up.
    The GB list and prices will be posted tonight.

    Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär
    Have you got the prices listed yet? I haven't checked on bf.c to see if you did or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Reaktionär
    replied
    Have you got the prices listed yet? I haven't checked on bf.c to see if you did or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    We will also be offering complete suspension kits with Lowtec Shocks and Struts.
    The Group Buy list with options and prices will be posted on Bimmerforums tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    The Lowtec springs we'll be selling for the E30 will have the following spring rates:
    Front-285 Lbs/inch
    Rear-450 Lbs/inch
    These spring rates apply to all E30 models including E30 M3.
    They are Progressive rate springs for the E30's
    Originally posted by Low Level E30
    Mel - Can you post the E30 M3 spring rates, and the 60/35 spring rates for 318is?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by BMWE34M5; 07-02-2007, 05:38 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    Yes-we accept PayPal.
    Bimmerforums is down-once it comes back up we will start the Group Buy List.


    Originally posted by e30damen
    I'm down for a 60/50 set sent to 98052.

    Do you accept paypal?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30damen
    replied
    I'm down for a 60/50 set sent to 98052.

    Do you accept paypal?

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    Are you sure your rear shocks are not shot?

    Originally posted by mikeedler
    so, here are a few pics, you can see how the spring is maxed out already(unsprung), and you can also see how the rear sags.............
    and that is with 2" spring pads.
    the car SHOULD have a rake, but it wasnt nearly as low in the rear for the first 6 months or so I had the springs.

    also, they are that rusty and only about 1 and a half years old.-not that that matters really.

    once again, I am not trying to discourage the group buy-- I have another set of springs from, the same company on order for my nephews vert. right now.

    just saying, dont order too low of a spring in the rear.



    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    damn, that looks like some major saggin with the springs. looks like it bottoms out everytime you go over a bump.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    so, here are a few pics, you can see how the spring is maxed out already(unsprung), and you can also see how the rear sags.............
    and that is with 2" spring pads.
    the car SHOULD have a rake, but it wasnt nearly as low in the rear for the first 6 months or so I had the springs.

    also, they are that rusty and only about 1 and a half years old.-not that that matters really.

    once again, I am not trying to discourage the group buy-- I have another set of springs from, the same company on order for my nephews vert. right now.

    just saying, dont order too low of a spring in the rear.



    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    I am not exagerating one bit. On my wifes E46 touring, I ordered a set of 60mm front, and 40mm rear drop. The front is equal to about a 110mm drop and the rear is sagged so much, that it is resting on the bumpstops with my daughter in the rear(shes 8yrs old about 45 lbs)-- the rear is at about a 180mm drop- without the e36 compact spring pad(the huge one thats about 2" thick.)

    they might be that stiff new, but what I am saying is they will sag- by far the softest spring I have rode on, but very comfortable-

    the problem I have is only with the rear springs-- which is why I said to order a very small drop in the rear.

    I will go take a few pics right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWE34M5
    replied
    320 Lbs/inch Front and 400 Lbs/inch rear is by no means soft.
    I feel he is exagerating a bit about the sagging - what he means is that they are not race springs like J Stock or similar.
    The Lowtec springs compare favoribly to H & R springs.
    They would never receive the TUV approval if they were liable to sag so much.

    Originally posted by ian e30 318is
    How soft do you mean? what kinda springs could they be compared to??

    Leave a comment:

Working...