No announcement yet.

Massive - Dead pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-Doug Murray- I didn't pick one yet but I will pick when I see them.. I'm in for sin
    2-
    3-
    etc

Comment

Lee, maybe this has already been covered, but any chance of getting some sort of outward flares on the holes (don't know what the technical name is) for enhanced grip?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
        Lee, maybe this has already been covered, but any chance of getting some sort of outward flares on the holes (don't know what the technical name is) for enhanced grip?
        I think they call it flares... ;) You smog that thing yet?
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

1-Doug Murray- I didn't pick one yet but I will pick when I see them.. I'm in for sin
          2-KingB-Thinking MTech but would still like to see pics.
          3-
          etc
          Originally posted by Nicademus
          My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
            They are called dimples and used on very thin sheetmetal for strength. I use double the thickness. So, strength is not a problem. If you want increased grip, then anti-slid tape is your ticket. No plan to start dimpling.

Lee
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
              I think they call it flares... ;) You smog that thing yet?
              Faaahk no. Didn't I tell you, I had a transmission problem at the last autocross? Sounds like a bag of marbles in the bellhousing. Doesn't go away when I depress the clutch. Either it's the worst throwout bearing in the history of mankind, or something else is up in there.

Gears engage fine, except sometimes when trying to downshift it just locks itself out of anything higher than 3rd.

Drained the fluid, looked fine. Refilled with whatever they had at the BMW dealership for now.

Gonna pull the trans sometime in the next few months and see what I see.

Still have to jump through the smog hoops. I actually just took a picture of my cat (it's a work of art) for Jordo yesterday:

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                They are called dimples and used on very thin sheetmetal for strength. I use double the thickness. So, strength is not a problem. If you want increased grip, then anti-slid tape is your ticket. No plan to start dimpling.

Lee
                Thanks for the clarification Lee. Only problem with anti-skid tape (grip tape) is that it's a bitch to clean and to keep clean. Obviously this is more of a "race car" part, but the nice thing about dimpled metal is that it just wipes clean.

Comment

Here's a little heads up on the production of the two new dead pedals. I am bit late but they will be ready on Friday 13th in plain stainless. Currently we are testing folds. Powder coating will take another week. I will post pictures of the plain ones as soon as possible.
                  In the meanwhile, I have started production on another race part (or for street posers): floor plates. They are 16" x 7" and raise the floor by 3/4". For testing, I am making 5 from aluminum and 5 from stainless. They are not just flat pieces of material, but folded for strength. They also have the usual pattern of holes for lightness. Shall be ready on Friday too.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Lee, is the intent with the floor plates to level out the (uneven) E30 floor?

Comment

The floor plates raises the pan to where it was before removing the carpet. It is located near the pedal area.

I had a very basic one in my 2002 racecar. It will be replaced by the new unit.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Here's a little heads up on the production of the two new dead pedals. I am bit late but they will be ready on Friday 13th in plain stainless.

It Valentines day. What's up??
                        Originally posted by Nicademus
                        My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

are the ones that are going to go in carpeted cars going to be level with the clutch pedal?
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Delivery to me was postponed to Monday as I added other parts to be produced.

Sorry.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Cool. Glad you are making floor plates. I'm gonna hold out for the floor plates to be done before I order the race dead pedal.

Let us know, man!
                              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics of these.
                                Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                                X