Fm-motorsport.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fm-motorsport.com

I'll copy my post from my local forum. pissed sums it up... shop is located in SE Michigan. owner is Jim metzger.

I'm so frustrated at the moment, I feel that I have to post somthing here. I have dealt with jim and forwardmotion twice now. My first experience was great, I have recommended this shop many times to many people, and have been the first to defend fm against complaints.

My second experience:
    I gave Jim my head in feb. after a month, I found out that it was just not repairable. within 2 days I provided a head that was in good shape to freshen up. It has been 3 months since I have seen my head. I consistantly get no answer from him, occaisionally, I get an answer, and am told "I'll call you back in a few minutes" I never get a call back. so I call again and again to no avail. "it will be ready thurs or fri" (2 weeks ago), "Ith will be ready for the weekend" (1 week ago) "It got pushed off to the side, so its not ready yet" (this week) I have had to jump through hoops to get any sort of communication from the shop, just to recieve lies. I do not appreciate that at all. any sort of communication with some follow through would have satisfied me. this sort of behavior is not somthing that a professional establishment should be involved in imo. when and if I ever get my head back, will be my last experience with Fm-motorsports. It only takes a minute to pick up the phone. that is all I asked for, I don't think it is too much to ask.

I got a pm stating:

Hey, they have been conning people for awhile now. They have "moved location" But they don't have anywere to go. They basically posted that becuase he couldn't finish the cars that he was taking on. Basically someone lost 7k in there with jim. I used to work with jim and i know how he works.

I used to "work" with forward motion. Basically I would do EVERYTHING that would come in. Swaps, builds, petty supension installs. Just about everything. When it comes to service he has no business ethic, nor the talent to pull it off. Hence why there is still a RAD D-SERIES in his personal vehicle, And THAT doesnt' even run.

I took it upon myself to open up a shop of my own. I was sick and tired of people comparing me with forward motion (Becuase I used to work there) and them basically bitching and yelling at me about how forward motion ripped them off, took their money, stole parts. Etc, Etc, etc.

On a side note, (Alot of side notes I know) Jim doesn't have the source to get your head "refreshed". He doesn't even have an account with any machine shop or the ability to do it himself. Basically he takes the average joe price from a shop downriver, and add's to his cost. (Which in actuality is your cost if you just walked in).

It's not a reliable shop at all. I also know this doesn't look good coming from another shop, but it just needs to be said. I'm sick of everyone in that post thinking he is just the best guy out there. When in actuality, he is a con.

If your interested in some work, service, and machining of your head. Let me know, I have the source, and the knownledge to take care of you.

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/vie...asc&highlight=
Working...
X