E30 M/S 50/52 exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M/S 50/52 exhaust options

There seems to be no readily available pre built head pipe systems. I am referring to from the manifolds back past the front subframe to facilitate building a full exhaust system. The stiff I have seen built for this ranges from absolutely terrible to almost viable. (But, I have not seen everything!!)

Disclaimer -- what I am about to post will generate ZERO benefit to me AT ALL. I am not going to build anything, and will receive NO money or help if this works out.

Yesterday I was speaking with Active Autowerkes about things for my E36. I know at least 5 local guys that have E30s with various E36 6 cylinder engines in them The best exhaust system on any of them MIGHT be a half decent product of a local private muffler shop. Afate we were done talking about MY car issue, I asked if they build a front pipe system for this application. They said no, so I followed up with asking them if they knew who might. Again, no. I'll zoom past the discussion, but they said I welcome to mention them, and float a balloon to gauge what the need might be. They only build stainless steel, so mild steel is not an option.

If anybody has seen their track pipe system for E36s, they might agree that is a beautiful exhaust system. Having fashioned mu own 3" single exhaust from the manifolds back to the rear bumper, I have an idea of the cost for SS mandrel bent pipe, high flow cats, flow through mufflers, flanges, etc. Given all that, their prices are not over the top at all.

So, the question is, what might be the interest level. If potential existed, they would need an E30 with an E36 engine as a guinea pig to prototype something. They are in Miami, soooo ..............

They are NOT ready to move on this yet. I am going to post this up on some E30 forums and then send the data on to them. Price is not an the table at this point, only viability. Hint, the front section for the E36 track pipe is a two into one 3" collector coast about $400. If you saw one, you would NOT cringe. It is artwork. And I have one on order. So ....... post away.
Working...
X