Temp gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp gauge not working

My temp gauge is currently not working and hasn't since I have swapped from an M52 to an S54.

I'm using a *new* brown e30 temp sensor plug, I've verified the wiring is correct to pin 4 on the c101 and also tested by grounding pin 4 on the c101 to ground the temp gauge will go to full hot so the gauge and wiring from the fusebox is not the issue.

I've also checked the wiring to the plug is on the correct pin.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, should the brown plug be grounded through the engine in order to work? I didn't actually click about this until I figured that by grounding it the temp sensor is a resistor to ground.

Below is a pic how my temp sensor is mounted on the S54 (Old pic, Everything is assembled and running at the moment) But the sensor itself is rubber O-ringed and so is the sensor housing into the water pipe and thermostat housing, so there won't be any grounding for the sensor.

Can the outside of the temp sensor be grounded if I put a ground around it to the block? Or does it need to come from the part that goes into the coolant?

I really despise having to remove the airbox, yet again.

Working...
X