Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 Engine whine and other help needed

Hey All
    87 325is with M52 swap, M50 intake, Kassel Ecu with EWS, Secondary air pump deleted and m50 intake, premium fuel coded in.

Could I get some advice on 3 issues?
    1. I have an engine whine that I can’t figure out… Happens from start, whine seems to get louder with revs. Coming from the front I believe around vanos or below . Thought it was the alternator or PS first but pulled the drive belt and it was still there. Anyone have any thoughts or other things I can do to figure the issue out? Youtube video of noise - https://youtube.com/shorts/qoUMIs8VD...7yYBteHcDylcen
    2. Getting Peak Codes e3 and e4 O2 sensor adaptation smoked intake area and found and fixed leaks. Smoked the exhaust and found/fixed leaks at manifold before 02 sensors. I don’t have the rear 02 sensor since it was coded out of the ecu.
    3. I have an intermittent idle drop when pulling to a stop, as the idle comes down it drops to 200ish the fuel gauge shakes and it usually comes back to normal. It does stall once every 10 or so times. Starts right back up and idles fine until the next time. There’s no consistency to it except if it stalls, it when it’s at operating temp.

Sorry for the long read. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Ben
    Last edited by Bmrlvr4lfe; 03-26-2024, 07:32 AM.
Working...
X