Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c0rbin9
    replied
    Okay, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
    Does a 24v swap into a 1991 318is require any chassis modification, i.e. cutting off brackets or anything? Basically I'm wondering if this swap is fully reversible.
    Yup, the only thing I can think of that might be "unreversible" is getting the wiring harness through the firewall hole usually needs to be enlarged slightly, but its all easily covered

Leave a comment:

• c0rbin9
    replied
    Does a 24v swap into a 1991 318is require any chassis modification, i.e. cutting off brackets or anything? Basically I'm wondering if this swap is fully reversible.

Leave a comment:

• bmwfan52
    replied
    getrag 260 shitfter

Originally posted by smooth View Post
    Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.
    I wouldn't mind replacing the getrag because second gea wont engage unless revved high or i force it in gear.

I need to check the shifter linkage, I might have gotten it welded too short and its not reaching the gear possibly?

pm me with price please

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.

Leave a comment:

• bmwfan52
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    Some can't afford it. Others just like the g260 better.

Personal preference, i think. Just wondering why you're going with the zf
    with the 260 you have to bust your ass making or buying brace fabricating selector rod, have you shifter leaning like a limp noodle.smashing the center console when shifting to fifth.

use the same tranny as the engine, i did the 260 for the weight reduction and regret it. this time im taking the wise route

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
    I keep trying the first site but says "not found"
    Already fixed this in the post literally right above yours but here ya go - http://e30dohc-swap.wikia.com/wiki/E30DOHC_Swap_Wikia#

Leave a comment:

• TheWipprSnappr
    replied
    I keep trying the first site but says "not found"

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30325is603 View Post
    the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?

Leave a comment:

• e30325is603
    replied
    the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    Youre right, it has to be for an e36 328/M3 DSSR. I just placed an order from ECS Tuning.

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    I believe it has to match the transmission.

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    I was multitasking earlier and my question did not come out right. I meant to say, what year car should I order for the swap I have? 98 M3, 97 528, e30, or uuc sell a special made for this particular swap? Im guessing regular e30, just wanted to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    I made mine custom but I think the UUC should work fine if you have the funds for it.

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    I have the m50 swapped. Now Im installing the ZF320 Trans, but I want to get the z shifter and add the UUC DssR, so which DssR do I get?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X