Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninekrpm
    replied
    ,日本H无遮挡全彩翼漫画,车子颠簸滑进老师身体,日韩精品无码人妻免费视频,人妻少妇看A偷人无码精品视频,免费人视频在线观看免费,中文字幕无码亚洲一本大道在线,少妇真实自偷自拍视频6,中文字幕亚洲乱码熟女一区二区,狠狠狠色丁香婷婷综合久久AV,国产精品无码一区二区三区免费

what happened to this link :(

Leave a comment:

• Mistawall
    replied
    sounds like you need to do more research my friend. s52 is a 3.2 liter? s50 is 3.0? s50 is odb1? s52 is odb2

Leave a comment:

• Graebmw95
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Being offered for such a short time the s50's are harder to come by, you might consider an s52, they are more common and you get a little extra displacement to boot.

Got dayum. I'm tired of my m10 lol. Is there any difference in the s50 from the s52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Graebmw95 View Post
    Yeah okay thanks for the heads up! I definitely want an s50. How hard is it to source one? And how much do they usually go for?

Being offered for such a short time the s50's are harder to come by, you might consider an s52, they are more common and you get a little extra displacement to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Graebmw95
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    If it's from a 92 325 it's a Non VANOS m50. S50 was only in 95 M3 in the US. I wouldn't expend the time, money and energy needed for an M50 Non vanos swap personally.

Yeah okay thanks for the heads up! I definitely want an s50. How hard is it to source one? And how much do they usually go for?

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    If it's from a 92 325 it's a Non VANOS m50. S50 was only in 95 M3 in the US. I wouldn't expend the time, money and energy needed for an M50 Non vanos swap personally.

Leave a comment:

• Graebmw95
    replied
    So I'm really considering an s59 swap! Its a greater improvement from my m10 and is cheaper than turboing an m20. So, i found this on my local Craig's.. Is it an s50 to begin with, and is it worth it?!

Leave a comment:

• E30NJ
    replied
    Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• N-Gen
    replied
    In the process of buying an M50B25 from someone that does swaps in the UK, so I have to ask a lot since I'd have to sort out freight and what not. So I decided to ask the guy about the additional parts required, and listed the parts on the main post of this thread and he came bake with the following differences:

E28 motor mounts - E24 USA Mounts
    E21 brake booster - He says he uses another but didn't specify

The engine is being supplied with the standard 5-speed manual trans, he says E30 M20 mounts should work for that.

Has anyone had experience with any of these with their swap? Or can shed some light? I won't doubt the guy, I'm sure he knows what he's doing but I just want to see what you guys think.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing most of the differences are also interchangeable...

Leave a comment:

• damir
    replied
    EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.
    Last edited by damir; 11-04-2013, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator View Post
    I have a weird question. I have an 84 325e. And I just bought a complete M50 swap that was originally in a 95 525i. But in 1997 the M50 was swapped into an 87 325. And that's how I bought it. So, after reading a lil bit, The body connecter is different, (round vs square pin), than the 84. So how do I go about swapping it into my 84? I'm having a shop do this, so I'd like to make this as straight forward for him as possible. I thought I read there's pre made adapters from someone on here?
    There's a few of us who make harnesses/adapters, but if you are having a reputable shop do the work, they should not have an issue with the connector.

Leave a comment:

• Varinn
    replied
    Get in touch with 328i junkie on the board or go to his website at Markert Motorworks and have Dave build you a harness. It will cost a few bucks but I keep hearing about all the positives of going this route and wish I would have done the same.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator
    replied
    I have a weird question. I have an 84 325e. And I just bought a complete M50 swap that was originally in a 95 525i. But in 1997 the M50 was swapped into an 87 325. And that's how I bought it. So, after reading a lil bit, The body connecter is different, (round vs square pin), than the 84. So how do I go about swapping it into my 84? I'm having a shop do this, so I'd like to make this as straight forward for him as possible. I thought I read there's pre made adapters from someone on here?

Leave a comment:

• Varinn
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Doc View Post
    On Alloy block (Euro/ Australian M52s), that middle blocked off port is what we use for our e30 brown temp sender. Fits right in without any modification.
    So alloy blocks, and I'm guessing on N/A cars there are a few months after the switch from M/S50's to M/S52 where they still drilled all three holes. I was preparing myself to drill/tap, delete TB heating etc and this saves me from any hack work
    Last edited by Varinn; 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• E30_Doc
    replied
    On Alloy block (Euro/ Australian M52s), that middle blocked off port is what we use for our e30 brown temp sender. Fits right in without any modification.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X