Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bishop
    replied
    I've seen that car from rmeuropean in person, it's a clean swap

Leave a comment:

• 619E30
    replied

I'm going to be using this for my future m50 swap

Leave a comment:

• napabavarian
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO SWITCH PUMPS!!!!!!

I hope people will read this.

yeah, leave the damn fuel tank closed, no need to crack that can of worms...

Leave a comment:

• Shimanek
    replied
    sweet, i found what swap im doing once i get the yeep daily driver.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I am having a problem understanding pin #8 and #9 on the e30 harness (working on an '87 "e" model) there is no #8 or #9 pin to correspond with the 24 and 20 (respectively) on the m50 harness.

According to AllData, #8 should be the DME/idle control and #9 should be a speed signal, but those 2 are completely missing on the harness in the car, along with 13, 14, 19 and 20. Am I supposed to use those pins on the chassis side of the e30 harness and they were not used in the engine side of the old 30 harness?

Any suggestions?

These few wires, the ever elusive 413 ECU, and the exhaust connection to the stock exhaust is all that's holding this project up at the moment.

I have read a lot of the other stickies but they are so hard to follow with all the clutter.

EDIT: Mods can delete this post if so desired, problems traced, have to get an "i" tach and the coolant sensor from an m20 to have signal to the dash...

Thanks,
    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Yep. That's what you need. :up:

Leave a comment:

• agustingig
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Buy two hexagonal mounts.

2 of these on the way to iceland,, Cant wait to get started! Thanks for the help.. :D

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Buy two hexagonal mounts.

Leave a comment:

• agustingig
    replied
    Originally posted by agustingig View Post
    im about to buy the motor mounts, and im wondering when you say buy e28 m5 mounts, do i buy the set (on left mount, one right mount) or something different?

anyone!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• agustingig
    replied
    Im about to buy the motor mounts, and im wondering when you say buy e28 m5 mounts, do i buy the set (on left mount, one right mount) or something different?

Leave a comment:

• greyis89
    replied
    clusterfuck or not i've probably read about 3hrs. worth of swap info just today, thanks for all the resources, i'll refrane from redundent questions now.

Leave a comment:

• tonytony
    replied
    Regarding engine mounts: The green mounts worked and so do the Ireland Engineering poly e34 mounts. I've had both, and currently using the poly mounts

Leave a comment:

• bloodshot-e30
    replied
    very good write up! my swap starts fri!

Leave a comment:

• TheBANKe30
    replied
    Hahah just didnt check the thread. My bad....... merry christmas r3v

Leave a comment:

• e30s52
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood View Post
    Not only has that question been answered over and over again in this forum, but it's been asked in THIS THREAD.

BY YOU

AND ANSWERED.

Jesus. Between this and the guy PM'ing me asking why his m50 with an e36 oil pan won't clear the subframe, I have no hope for the future of e30 enthusiasts.
    Did someone really ask you at?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X