Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 cylinders in my E30?!?! MR E30's S52 E30 Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5KWattson
    replied
    Originally posted by Fusion View Post
    Don't know if the roof rack would hold it, but that would be massive win.
    I could see it in the near future with this thread as inspiration

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    I think the 48V E30 is a fucking cool shot. Just needs an E30 trailer with another 24 valves in it.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Hay Guis, look!

i put an E30 in my E30!

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    that would have been the most intense engine transport I have ever seen. haha

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Don't know if the roof rack would hold it, but that would be massive win.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon View Post
    My s50 came from an automatic, 4dr, lady-driven m3, but it looked like the oil had never been changed, and the ridges in the bore were so bad they barely came out with the 87mm bore.

On a funnier note, I carried it home in my 95 Nissan truck. The 2.4 had plenty of power for the weight, but the suspension was almost completely bottomed out in the rear. You wouldve thought I had an elephant back there. And I stupidly didn't have anything to tie it down with so I had to ride in the back and let my girlfriend drive. The truck has no bedliner and I knew the motor wouldnt stay in place. Of course she wasnt nearly as slow and smooth (understatement) on the throttle/clutch/brakes/turns as I wouldve been. The pallet was sliding all over the place and I couldnt really do much about it. On top of that it started pouring haha.

Good luck with your swap. 32 valves in your e30 wouldve been an interesting title too...

Haha thats crazy! at least this sucker is stable and secure in the E30.

If I wanted to do the title like your suggestion, I would have had to call it the "48 valves in my E30" since the car is already powered by an M50. haha

Leave a comment:

• 619E30
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon View Post
    you guys are crazy. borrow a truck or something!
    Haha yeah. It would be less painful

Leave a comment:

• etxxz
    replied
    damn... that's impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Fuck you all, I win.

Leave a comment:

• tangkenboo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean View Post
    S52 from a junkyard?! We are lucky to see an m52 here once every few months....
    u got that right jean.

good luck with the swap and welcome to the club.
    Last edited by Yeee30; 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM. Reason: :up:

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    S52 from a junkyard?! We are lucky to see an m52 here once every few months....

Leave a comment:

• flawdaboi407
    replied
    I hauled my m30 in the trunk of my e30!

Leave a comment:

• lennon
    replied
    you guys are crazy. borrow a truck or something!

Leave a comment:

• BlueBMW
    replied
    Wow, i wish i'd have know an engine would fit in the passenger seat area.... I could have hauled two at once! But seriously, good to know one can fit like that... Here's my last E30 haulin experience... little 4 cylinder pulled it just fine.

Leave a comment:

• lennon
    replied
    My s50 came from an automatic, 4dr, lady-driven m3, but it looked like the oil had never been changed, and the ridges in the bore were so bad they barely came out with the 87mm bore.

On a funnier note, I carried it home in my 95 Nissan truck. The 2.4 had plenty of power for the weight, but the suspension was almost completely bottomed out in the rear. You wouldve thought I had an elephant back there. And I stupidly didn't have anything to tie it down with so I had to ride in the back and let my girlfriend drive. The truck has no bedliner and I knew the motor wouldnt stay in place. Of course she wasnt nearly as slow and smooth (understatement) on the throttle/clutch/brakes/turns as I wouldve been. The pallet was sliding all over the place and I couldnt really do much about it. On top of that it started pouring haha.

Good luck with your swap. 32 valves in your e30 wouldve been an interesting title too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X