Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 cylinders in my E30?!?! MR E30's S52 E30 Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lennon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Which is why I reiterate, trucks are for the weak. :p That car had an M50 in the trunk and 8 wheels/tires in the backseat, plus about 100lbs of crap in the passenger's seat.
    my girlfriend was driving it, she can be the weak one i guess. what does it mean that she owns the same truck with a v6 and xtra cab though?

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon View Post
    thats noooooothing compared to what my nissan truck looked like haha
    Which is why I reiterate, trucks are for the weak. :p That car had an M50 in the trunk and 8 wheels/tires in the backseat, plus about 100lbs of crap in the passenger's seat.

Leave a comment:

• lennon
    replied

thats noooooothing compared to what my nissan truck looked like haha

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
    www.enterprise.com

They have trucks for rent.

Good luck with the swap!
    Trucks are for the weak

Leave a comment:

• BoxDriver86
    replied
    Enjoy easy booking with thousands of airport and city locations near you. Lock in great rates when you book a rental car with Enterprise.

They have trucks for rent.

Good luck with the swap!

Leave a comment:

• SamE30e
    replied
    We put a B18 in my brothers civic and drove it home, I sat in the back seat.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    You may notice the lack of an intake (and exhaust) manifold... the secret is dropping it in halfway, tieing the trunk down, then driving on a bumpy highway for 2 hours from LA to Santa Barbara. By the time you reach your destination the motor will have slid in enough for you to close the trunk :p

It was another 3 or 4 weeks or so before I actually started the swap, and then another month or so until I actually pulled the engine out of the trunk. So, it got pretty cozy back there.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBMW
    replied
    Fuck you all, I win.

Ok, I'm seriously jealous that you got a motor in there AND were able to close the trunk lid! I had to stuff my trunk lid in my back seat for the ride back.... I did get 27mpg hauling the motor though :D L'il M42 workin hard 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Nice dude. I think I'll be looking at this exact swap in a few months after I graduate.

Those wheels really do look great.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
    Not bad at all. It'll be a blast once you have it wrapped up.
    So I have been told!

is that S54 in your sig going into an E30??

Leave a comment:

• rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Cost to date: 2825 dollars.
    Not bad at all. It'll be a blast once you have it wrapped up.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    This was us after about 4 hours of work.

Damn auto shop closed at 4 30 though, so we had to wrap it up for the day and push her into one of the stalls.

Tomorrow or possibly wednesday we will finish the remaining 4 to 5 hours of work and start her up for the first time. I am extremely curious to see how this goes. Video will be uploaded.

On a side note, this swap was a trillion times easier since the chassis was already prepped from the previous swap. All the little things were already there.

Cost to date: 2825 dollars. Not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
    Should have grabbed the suspension too.
    The engine was the only thing left. The recycling center does most of the work for you. I didnt have to pull it, as it was already removed.

And I dont need any of the suspension, my E30 is already sitting on E36 M3 stuff.

Leave a comment:

• jahnaboi
    replied
    Should have grabbed the suspension too.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    The S52 has been stripped down, and is ready to be dropped in, and tomorrow the M50 is getting ripped out. Sunday is the day the beast gets dropped in and fired up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X