S50B32 Euro not running clean.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    I'm having speedometer signal yes, as well as vanos.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dissembler
    replied
    does your motor have vanos? I've been told by a couple of people that the ECU relies on road speed signal compared against load/rpm charts to determine what it does with the vanos, which is how these motors make so much torque. If your not getting/have an erratic speed signal at all, could explain your problems. Or vanos could just not be working

    Leave a comment:


  • M3 euro ltw
    replied
    Low rpm loss of power

    PM sent

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    All wires are hooked up right as they should be. If the ECU had cut power I would have seen it on the dyno sheet.

    For example, if the speedometer signal is out the curve will drop drastic at 5500-6000rpm. And if the gear indicator switch is left unplugged it will drop around 40hp after 4500rpm or around that area.

    I have a Bosch 044 in line fuel pump. That is capable of 500-600hp.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray Smoodiver
    replied
    Talk to Ian Haynes, as far as I can recall, the ecu can cut power like you describe if certain wires are not hooked up. I don't want to throw out misinformation as i can't recall exactly what wires they might have been, but I remember him troubleshooting this exact issue.

    Also, you're running a 5 Bar fuel system, yes?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    Don't know the AFR :(

    Leave a comment:


  • jrdeamicis
    replied
    What are your AFR?

    280 at the wheels? Thats sounding healthy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    No one that can help??

    I have dynoed the car as well. No miss shaped curves at all. Did a pull in second gear, and then I got an uneven curve. Pulled 280 at the wheels.

    I can also "fool" it. If I rev it up to 4-5000rpm rolling with not much throttle before I floor it, it is almost running clean the rest of the way.
    But if I floor it from 1500rpm it is just cheating all the way...

    Can it be the O2 sensors?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    Speedometer sensor in the diff

    Leave a comment:


  • sonnyqm3
    replied
    what sensor shoes...

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    That if you don't have speedometer signal, you will get a curve like that.

    I switched place om the two cables at the diff, and I think the problem is solved. There was not that much hesitation in first. Just a bit, but there was cable shoes on the sensor that was corrotion on. And there was also corrotion on the sensor points. So I'm gonna change the cable shoes and sand the contact points on the sensor.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    What do you mean by this?
    Originally posted by Mr. Horsepower
    With no speedometer signal the curve drops drastic at about 5-6000 to rev limit. It just dives down.
    You have a speed signal to the DME hooked up, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    Also going to check if the coils are ok. Simply check them in a dark room (garage of course) by taking off the cover and fire the engine to see if they throw sparks to ground.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Horsepower
    replied
    Exhaust leaks don't interfere with the engine running clean or not. The leaks are so small that it is only located with some condense water dripping from them. They can't be heard or felt.

    Like I sad, the engine worked perfect when it was in the E36M3. I drove the car myself and it was pulling like a train. Can't say that the E30M3 does pull that much.
    I assume I'm missing about 40-60hp.

    Leave a comment:


  • sonnyqm3
    replied
    fix the exhaust leaks,check ur o2 sensor and maybe the compression..

    Leave a comment:

Working...