E30 24V Fuel pump troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 24V Fuel pump troubles

I did get a strange problem with my e30 1991 325 convertible with an 8/92 525 M50 Vanos engine.

The car did run well a for a few days with the new engine but when i did start it one day it started poorly, but i did get it running and after a while the engine started run poorly and at last it stopped running and did not start anymore.

I checked the connection at the FP and noticed that when i turn the key to the first pos its not comming +12V to the pump. But when i run the starter the FP gets +12V. I have not inspected the car after that but could it be a bad FP relay?

Originally posted by Beemer-man View Post
    I did get a strange problem with my e30 1991 325 convertible with an 8/92 525 M50 Vanos engine.

The car did run well a for a few days with the new engine but when i did start it one day it started poorly, but i did get it running and after a while the engine started run poorly and at last it stopped running and did not start anymore.

I checked the connection at the FP and noticed that when i turn the key to the first pos its not comming +12V to the pump. But when i run the starter the FP gets +12V. I have not inspected the car after that but could it be a bad FP relay?
    That's proper operation iirc. Have you checked your pressure l. I bet its a dead pump
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

U should get 12 volts for a second when u first put the key to.on.... it.primes the pumps, but doesnt keep it running untill u turn the key to start....

Comment

Working...
      X