M50NV cuts out going from idle to WOT

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 328ijunkie
    replied
    Tps

    Leave a comment:


  • e46s54dr
    replied
    Definitely check your fuel pressure with a guage. If the pump is weak or dying, it wont be able to pressurize the fuel lines in time. Have you tried reving the engine and keeping it steady at say 5k rpm? Try that and see if it hesitates or even dies out.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    and the check engine light does work, unplugged my MAF and it came up, unplugged my O2 and it also came up. womp :/

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Wired in the check engine light, but no codes came up! The CEL didn't come up at all which is odd (except on accessory).



    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Nor does my dipstick , but it doesnt cause that big of a vacuum leak.

    Question, how is the vent line from the fuel tank hooked up? I was having a problem, everytime i would fill up my car. the car would stall out, and I had a really crappy idle. Surging (Tho not as bad as yours) , ended up just letting it vent into atmosphere and putting a vacuum line niplle over then end of the sensor port thing.

    Manifold crack free?

    try a new Iac?
    The vent line from the fuel tank is just chillin somewhere, it's not connected to anything. I don't have a charcoal canister or anything, or that purge valve.
    Manifold is crack free
    haven't tried a new ICV


    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    checked fuel pressure with a gauge?
    I have not, but I've tried two FPR's with the same result.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jafxod
    replied
    lolcantr3v

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    checked fuel pressure with a gauge?

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Nor does my dipstick , but it doesnt cause that big of a vacuum leak.

    Question, how is the vent line from the fuel tank hooked up? I was having a problem, everytime i would fill up my car. the car would stall out, and I had a really crappy idle. Surging (Tho not as bad as yours) , ended up just letting it vent into atmosphere and putting a vacuum line niplle over then end of the sensor port thing.

    Manifold crack free?

    try a new Iac?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    ok I tried finding vacuum leaks, couldn't find any at all. ive replaced just about every god damn seal and hose there is. Will the dipstick o-rings cause a vac leak? My dipstick doesn't seat my oil pan very well at all and it's just kinda flopping around.

    Leave a comment:


  • iceman
    replied
    I hear your idle surging in the video. Vacuum leak. Change all the vac hoses and ad hose clamps at the icv. Change the o rings too. It might not look bad, but the old hard rubber stuff just won't create an adequate seal.

    Leave a comment:


  • e46s54dr
    replied
    Things I would chck first would be

    Vacuum leaks
    Kinked fuel line
    Clogged fuel filter
    Dying fuel pump
    Dying Tps
    Dying Cps

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    I don't have check engine light wired in :( Guess I gotta do that.

    Leave a comment:


  • e46s54dr
    replied
    Are there any codes? Have you tried checking your tps sensor?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    All stock M50. It started life as a 318is

    Leave a comment:


  • e46s54dr
    replied
    Is your fuel pump pushing in enough fuel? What have you done to the engine lately?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    what happens if you try to go to that 16,000 rpm a bit slower? does it rise up through the rpms smoothly or sputter?
    It used to sputter but with the new FPR it kinda died down. If I go slowly I can hit rev limiter but WOT it starts to sputter.

    Leave a comment:

Working...