Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home for christmas, hoping to get a few things done to the car. First off I finally got my ASC fully deleted. And I will be putting in the m3 firewall cover tomorrow I hope. I have some exhaust work to do, may have a shop do it to make sure its perfect this time. Here are some pictures.

m3 Firewall cover

More to come, maybe some cup holders in the future.. Happy holidays!
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

I got the harness all cleaned up, very happy with how it looks. Here is a photo.

And starting to figure out my cup holder situation.. more to come on this when parts come in.

Take care. Stay tuned.

Comment

I would recommend the AKG swap mounts as well. Had my swap for a long time now and broke a few sets of green e28 mounts and deformed IE ploy yellow mounts.

Last edited by surebimmer; 12-16-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I will be getting those mounts when money allows/or my mounts fail. Hopefully if they fail nothing severe goes wrong.

Keyless entry hopefully this weekend. Anyone here have any luck with GE keyless?

Comment

Woow... Great build thread.. also awesome because basic car is 100% same as mine, 1990 318i with M42 engine on it.
            I've planned to implant the M52 engine also after the body restoration.
            Currently it's been a lil bit rusty in some parts and got damage in body.

here it is..:

Last edited by anrisiregar; 01-20-2014, 08:31 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

^^
              some Indo chillin here yo..
              @OP, great build keep it up Sir
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ksjdan I used the e36 slave cylinder, the stock e30 line with some careful bending reaching and the threads matched up.

Little update 4/2/14

I have begun ordering parts for what I want to accomplish in the beginning of the summer, and then will do more as summer progresses. Here are the first two parts to arrive.

A set of premium speakers. And a gas cap to replace my broken one. Pics for fun.

I have some other interior ideas planned, a few stereo options added. And some engine work to go a little quicker.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

UPDATE:

Just ordered all the parts for fixing my VANOS. I will be doing this when I get home in May. I also ordered some other goodies. I want to get my car to where I don't have much to complain about come August, as eel as hit some car shows this summer. I think I need a new more OEM+ set of shoes for this car. Maybe style 5s, or 4s. Or something else. More to come.

Comment

Finally got to putting some parts on this week. Also pulled my cluster to replace with a known wiring one. Turns out I got a bad cluster from a member on here. Oh well I guess hopefully we can work something out. I have some pictures of progress followed by questions.

Here is my cluster reinstalled with a few changes. Getting ready to install cruise control on the car.

Here is the zm3 antenna mod with a s2k honda antenna on top.

And I added the rear premium speakers, will be doing the fronts with door tweeters this summer.

Next up will be fixing my VANOS and sending my ECU out to have my secondary air pumps actually turned off this time. I am wondering if anyone with a 24v swap has used a stock air box with any success. I like the idea of buying new ~ $20 Paper filters whenever I please rather than dealing with this K&N. Here is my set up and how much room I have, I'm thinking maybe a m30 air box..

I know the bay needs a cleaning, she will get one for the next show she goes to. More to come hopefully soon.

Comment

Ive heard the E34 airbox works, I think my friend might still have one. He was going to give it to me for my swap, but I have a 540i MAF now so it wont work anymore...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think an m30 air box still, the e34 look deep like they will hit my ABS. Anyways I have my valve cover off. Rebuilding my VANOS to get rid of the p1519 code. Also my ECU is off having some changes done to it. My SAP's were never deleted. So hopefully come mid week when I get the car running again it will have o check engine lights. Which would be for the first time.. If that all goes smootly a buddy of my has a paint booth and will be fixing the passenger dent from the first page in here.

Here is the motor torn down:

And my newest upgrade I am loving the looks of, and I ski so the pass through will be nice when just a buddy and I drive up.

And who doesn't like rear head rests?

Thanks for reading, have a good weekend. Ill be headed to DriftCon!

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                          I know this place! Are you local to there? Funny that I haven't seen you around if you are...

Nice work! One of these days Imma go 24v...
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I am local to there, but since owning this car live on the eastside of the state for school most the year and when I am home it is normally torn apart in my garage.. haha

Here are some pictures from today. I took apart my dash today to replace burnt out bulbs as well as install most my cruise control. I have the stalk in, and most in cabin wiring done. Will be finishing up this week. Hope to drive the car Friday, if not Thursday.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                              I am local to there, but since owning this car live on the eastside of the state for school most the year and when I am home it is normally torn apart in my garage.. haha
                              Haha well when you get it all back together and if you want to go for a cruise with another e30 I'd be game. My m42 wouldn't be able to keep up with you though!
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

A cruise sounds fun. I got the motor buttoned back up. My ECU is off to Market Motorworks getting a new tune. Excited to hopefully have no CEL in a week. I have got the cruise control all wired into the cab, waiting on the cruise control throttle cable to mount the servo and finish hooking that up. And can't mount the brain until the ECU is back in. I put 5mm spacers up front rather than 8mm which looks better.

I am having a steering vibration so a new e36 rack and steering coupler bushing have been ordered. Will be doing the rear subframe and trailing arm bushings in the near future. Body work is still suppose to happen in a few weeks. This car should be close to done at the end of the summer with nothing but normal maintenance left to do. And of course switching up the wheel game. I will get pictures of everything when its running next week. Sorry for the lack of photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X