X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean
    WOW, that is a clean engine bay.

What are you usin to clean up all the wires on teh firewall?
    thanks, thats just the stock m3 firewall plastic crap. available at the dealer. i think someone listed the part numbers somewhere in this thread
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt
      thanks, thats just the stock m3 firewall plastic crap. available at the dealer. i think someone listed the part numbers somewhere in this thread
      What's the story about the rest of the engine bay? WHERE IS EVERYTHING? :) You really did a great job cleaning everything up. More pics!

Comment

Blunt, you need more pictures.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
          What's the story about the rest of the engine bay? WHERE IS EVERYTHING? :) You really did a great job cleaning everything up. More pics!
          thanks, i tried to remove all uneeded brackets and anything else not essential.
          i need to take more pics but all my time and interest is focused on my 02 right now. ill try to get it out and shoot some more
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Damn, you gotta come down here and clean mine :) lol

Your car amazes me each time I see it.

My jaw dropped when I first saw it at one of the small meets two summers ago.
            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Euro S50 anyone

Comment

Ian is that a 7 series power steering resvoir? Was there no room to mount it lower under the intake?

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                  Ian is that a 7 series power steering resvoir? Was there no room to mount it lower under the intake?
                  It is the large one from the 7 series, but there's no way it would fit under the intake. I had to use the large one as I also fitted the complete 7 series power brake system for clearance reasons.

Ian.

Comment

Kinda figured that. It's too bad you couldn't remote locate that as it clutters the new look of the engine with old style stuff, How does the cruise work with the older M20 style and the newer engine?

Comment

Kinda figured that. It's too bad you couldn't remote locate that as it clutters the new look of the engine with old style stuff, How does the cruise work with the older M20 style and the newer engine?
                      I know it doesn't look that great, but it works really well. I've seen some much more modern looking reservoirs on newer cars so may fit one of those in the future.

Cruise works just fine. All I had to do was get the cable modified as the outer cable was the wrong length. An alternative was to move the mounting point that secures the outer cable, but that wouldn't have looked very stock :D . I had to do the same for the throttle cable as well.

Ian.

Comment

So, I don't promote street racing but will it roll easy on a 911 or other common high end performance cars like the new Baby Jag or Aston Martin?

Comment

So, I don't promote street racing but will it roll easy on a 911 or other common high end performance cars like the new Baby Jag or Aston Martin?
                          I've not tried Jag's or Aston's, but my last visit to the Nurburgring saw a few very upset 911 drivers moving across to let me past 8-) .

Ian.

Comment

i need to hurry up and finish my swap.........im done now but i need to know where how put back my power pump up........my bay looks to cluttered....PLEASE HELP
                            Last edited by japspecvr6; 05-13-2006, 09:52 PM.

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

i just squeezed the heatshield i made for my m20 into the same spot essentially, something is better than nothing for now.

i love it the swap. with the 4.10 i can be in fourth pretty much anywhere from 30-85mph and never change gears, there's torque in places on the tach my m20 only dreamed of having, this motor really is so superior to m20's in every way.
                              Dan

Comment

My engine bay

Comment

Working...
                                X