No announcement yet.

ECU Tuning for an OBDII S52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see in this thread a few guys with a obdII swap, can anyone post the wiring diagram for the conversion from c101 to x20?
    thanks for all!
    sigpic
    https://twitter.com/PetrolHeadSpain
    http://spainpetrolheads.wordpress.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/PetrolHeadsSpain?fref=ts

Comment

I need to go through that thread in a lot of detail. I need to learn the lingo, and I NEED to get my e30 24v swap on the road. I still haven't had a chance to test a .bin file that I received (along with about a page of notes as to WHY the modifications work).

I am curious if there is any risk of turning my ECU into a brick by reflashing just the 24k partial read. I would read the original ECU file first and save several copies as a backup of course. I'm sure the risk is always there, I just hope this .bin is correct.

Comment

OH, also. Thank you for explaining the checksum. Now it makes sense literally as well. "Checking the sum of the matrix".

Comment

Originally posted by Poeman446 View Post
          I need to go through that thread in a lot of detail. I need to learn the lingo, and I NEED to get my e30 24v swap on the road. I still haven't had a chance to test a .bin file that I received (along with about a page of notes as to WHY the modifications work).

I am curious if there is any risk of turning my ECU into a brick by reflashing just the 24k partial read. I would read the original ECU file first and save several copies as a backup of course. I'm sure the risk is always there, I just hope this .bin is correct.

Well, buy a junkyard ECU, flash it and if you manage to "brick" it, then nothing is lost ;)

In the early days, we called it "VATS". Nothing more than a key with a resistor, those days are long gone. BMW now uses rolling codes, and in fact on a mid-2000's car, the key was charged via induction and if the battery in the key became inop, your car would then be a brick until you went to the dealer lol.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

the only likely way to brick a DME is to lose power while flashing. are you doing this inside a car or on the bench? if it's in the car, I'd make sure your battery is full. some guys use a trickle charger while flashing.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You can easily brick ms41s by putting the wrong partial (24k) on there.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Mr MPower, Ill include some links for you:

A great resource for the entire e30 swap. Its not in a ton of detail, but you can definitely fill in the gaps with some quick searches.
                ,日本H无遮挡全彩翼漫画,车子颠簸滑进老师身体,日韩精品无码人妻免费视频,人妻少妇看A偷人无码精品视频,免费人视频在线观看免费,中文字幕无码亚洲一本大道在线,少妇真实自偷自拍视频6,中文字幕亚洲乱码熟女一区二区,狠狠狠色丁香婷婷综合久久AV,国产精品无码一区二区三区免费

As for the wiring adapter:

This is the pinout for each car. It should get you started.

328ijunkie, I dont have an extra ms41.2 around, so the 24k portion are in different locations if I understand correctly as compared to the cheaper ms41.1. Even if I were able to reflash the ECU, I couldnt test it for proper function.

Will it ruin the ECU beacuse the reset portion of the code would be corrupted, or will it just prevent the ecu from going into program mode again?

I think I'm just going to go for it, and attempt to reprogram tomorrow.

I will be in my brothers car (99 M3) and see if it will start after I reflash the DME. I also will unplug the SAP, rear O2s and see if the car still works without a check engine light.

I'm nervous about this. I really wish someone could look at my code and verify it for me, but I guess part of the fun is just going for it.

Comment

How did you "figure out" what to modify to turn that stuff off or is this a bin off another ecu or one someone sent you? And depending on what you change you can completely brick the ecu and render it completely usless without a 256k reflash. I have 2 on my desk like that.

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                  Full Product Line Tuning
                  OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

As I said above, someone sent me several 24k reads. (I'm not going to take credit for them, because if I did... well, I couldn't explain all of the changes in them...). I also want to be clear that I never said that I figured this out. I can cross check the changes to determine where the changes were made, and eventually go back to see which sections of code control which features.

I checked all of them with the BimTun Checksum corrector, and they were all previously corrected. I believe the person that sent me the tunes used Bimmer Editor (or BMW editor... I'm not sure), but the program is the same one from the checksum corrector site, and as I said, the checksums were correct when I received the files.

I didn't realize you work for, or endorse MMW, and I now realize why you are hesitant to give out information. Rightly so I'd say. I would do the same if it were my business.

Comment

We all started out as DIYers if you will. I have no problem assisting the community in most instances.
                      As far as your situation goes, I haven't used bimtune and I'm not sure how they go about flashing that stuff out but assuming they did their homework you should be fine flashing one of those bins to too your ecu. Checksum issues won't cause damage or issues othet than a memory test cel

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Understood. I didn't mean it as an insult, and I'm sorry if it came out that way. I'm going to try and flash this ECU today or tomorrow, whenever I get my steering rack in.

Comment

No insult taken :P

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Update: it works perfectly. SAP is deleted, EWS is removed, and I didn't test for rear O2s, but I'm sure they are flashed out as well. I'll update with more details in a bit.

Comment

If anyone needs the .bin files for their swap, or just to remove the EWS, SAP and rear O2s (or any one of the three...) send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the file. I knew this could be done, and I thank the kind soul who sent me his .bin files.

In order to write to the Siemens MS41 while it is still in the car, follow the process below.

This relates to the Galletto 1260 cable and software.

1. Attach the Galletto 1260 cable to the OBDII port in the car, and connect the USB to your computer. Turn the car to the ON position. You can then read the ECU data, and read the 24k file from the ECU. NOTE: You MUST have the round cap near the SAP pump ON the diagnostic port. If its not, the OBDII port will not function correctly. The same applies while writing to the ECU, but I'll get to that in step 4 & 5

2. Read the ECU and be sure to save a copy of the file.

3. Open the file that you want to write to the ECU.

4. In order to write to the ECU, pins 14 and 18 MUST be bridged at the diagnostic port to write. This can present a problem because the cap MUST be on the port to write as well.

5. Cut a 2" or so length of insulated wire, skin the ends, and bridge the pins. Curl the wire to the side a bit, and replace the top so that the wire is inside the diagnostic port. You should then be able to write if the cap is on far enough and the wire did not come detached at one end.

6.Write to the ECU using the correct button within the Galletto Program.

7. Success.

I hope this will help at least one person, and I'm pretty sure it will.

I can send three .bin files of various options that can be flashed into the ECU. Be careful, and take your time. I do not take ANY responsibility for damaged ECUs or other electronic hardware/software/firmware.

I am going to try and find the detailed hex locations for all of these features, because I think it would help the community very much.

I am also going to include the shameless plug that I will reflash your E36 M3 ECU for some price (I haven't decided what its worth to me yet) if you don't want to do this yourself. Unlike everyone else though, I AM giving you the option to do it yourself. You're welcome. :)
                              Last edited by Poeman446; 01-06-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

check out this pdf http://www.mss54.info/scripts/DME%20...o%20v0.0.3.pdf

another great thread as well http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=461878
                                Last edited by Mistawall; 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM.
                                my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Working...
                                X