Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    Yeah, you still don't get it.
    LOL! What warranted this comment? Fish got to swim, birds got to eat. It's not taking any food off your plate so you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

You can also use winkfp for free with any interface that works with INPA/DIS. Not as friendly as the $30 app, but works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
        LOL! What warranted this comment? Fish got to swim, birds got to eat. It's not taking any food off your plate so you have nothing to worry about.
        your comment was obviously referencing my statements which I still stand behind. you don't understand the why's on how these things are coded.

anyway, lets not do this here. you're right - this takes nothing from me, this platform is old and I agree with sharing information openly. I'm only interested because I have two buddies with E36 M3s and they both want tunes. :p

unfortunately one is an automatic. I did a bin compare with the stock '98 M3 files I have (are they really stock? who knows) and there are way too many differences to pick things out. The only map locations I have are for MS41 which are useless to me.

One thing I think that would really help would be to have a known 100% bone stock MS41.2 dump for an E36 M3.

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
        You can also use winkfp for free with any interface that works with INPA/DIS. Not as friendly as the $30 app, but works fine.
        yeah, but the files are not in the same format and WinKFP is tricky to use. You're more likely to brick your DME with WinKFP than this other software. in fact it's basically impossible to brick with this software because of the way it's written, you could unplug the DME halfway through a flash and it can still be recovered. With WinKFP you're up shit creek with no paddle. :p

the site is www.chipster.no
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I did a bin compare with the stock '98 M3 files I have (are they really stock? who knows) and there are way too many differences to pick things out.
          I can tell you, want to drop the files somewhere and PM me with details?

Comment

nando, everything you spoke of in post 45 and 48 are almost regurgitations of information located at the OP's link to the romreader site (which you probably haven't look at). the guy who wrote that euro software you referenced started in that thread as well. it's a really good read.

gpeterson, i noticed both you and 328ijunkie cut your teeth in understanding/helping people understand the MS41.x in that thread as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
              I can tell you, want to drop the files somewhere and PM me with details?
              will do. I'm pretty sure it's stock, but I don't know. random files off the internet and all.

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
              nando, everything you spoke of in post 45 and 48 are almost regurgitations of information located at the OP's link to the romreader site (which you probably haven't look at). the guy who wrote that euro software you referenced started in that thread as well. it's a really good read.

gpeterson, i noticed both you and 328ijunkie cut your teeth in understanding/helping people understand the MS41.x in that thread as well.
              nope. I don't like sites where the sharing is walled off. I don't have time or energy to devote to 5 different forums. :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I feel as though i have been supportive. I again cant go in there and give away everything that makes me a living at the end of the day but i am helpful if youve read the thread... And nando those files are NOt stock.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

the ones you sent me? I'm talking about a different one. I don't even know what the ones you sent me are for. lol

I found some different ones on Polish, Russian, etc. sites a few months back. There was one with hundreds of bin files from all sorts of BMWs, but mostly models I don't care about like X5 diesels and other euro-market oddities.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

And nando you never asked for a 41.2XDF. Did you ever play with what ive sent you already?

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I was talking about the ones from the OP :P

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

oh. well, I have those, but I only compared them between each other. I have another one that's supposed to be virgin.

yeah I have poked around at it but I don't have anything to test it on. All I gathered is it doesn't work with MS41.2.

I'd still like to find that K-factor..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You and be both ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

are MS41.2 for the 328is and M3 the same? the tire sizes are different, right? but of course so is everything else. still a needle in a haystack.

how about between auto and manuals? I have an auto bin that is definitely bone stock.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

There are 9 different 'factory' MS41.2 Bins (M3 only)
                              There are 30+ different factory MS41.1 bins (323,328,528,etc)

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

are MS41.2 for the 328is and M3 the same?
                                There is no MS41.2 for the 328i, they run MS41.1. Both DMEs labeled MS41.1 on the outside though.

Comment

Working...
                                X