Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    I thought you were going with AA?
    I like to keep my options open. I already ordered my retune from OE for my headers (and this was Monday/Tuesday) and still haven't gotten it. .
    E92 Msport

Comment

The one I have at my disposal to tweak on is one of my guys 328xi. The Dyno we have to use is 2wd :/. I would love the oppertunity to attack one but given my transparency I would never call my self an expert with them.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        The one I have at my disposal to tweak on is one of my guys 328xi. The Dyno we have to use is 2wd :/. I would love the oppertunity to attack one but given my transparency I would never call my self an expert with them.
        Define opportunity...
        E92 Msport

Comment

Give us a shout and we can chat ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Years later, a different engine (blew the other one up, overrev) later, and headers, i finally retuned my beater track car! M52, M50 Man, S52 Cams, Ebay Headers, Nice Syncro Designworks exhaust setup.

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Nice!! Love seeing the M52 closing in on S52 numbers
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It beats it in some ways but gets murdered in others. Cant trump that S52 torque: Bone stock shark injected S52 vs Beater New.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

True, the old saying, "no replacement for displacement" still rings true, even for our little inline 6 engines. But it also shows that the S52 shouldnt be the only motor people consider when they want to do a 24v swap, when all it takes is two OEM parts to have a 2.8L match the 3.2L power
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

too bad the N52 oil pan makes it a pain in the ass. Mine put down similar power/tq as both of them combined with just some mild software tweaks, everything else completely stock. It could potentially be a cheap swap with a bit of work.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I would love an N52 E30. You also have to keep in mind most of them didnt have the dual DISA setup and are lacking in the low end department...

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

yeah, but I wouldn't waste time on an N52 without the 3 stage intake. :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Tuned a SpecE46 today *(Which is required to run a 'SpecE46' Epic Motorsports Tune per spec class rules) just to see what it would really do.
                          Fairly Impressive:

This Car vs two other SpecE46s on same dyno running SpecE46 Tune:

3 different SpecE46s. 'JAbase' is a bone stock US tune (with limiter bump), the other two are running the Required SpecE46 Flash.

Unless the rules change, car will have to purchase SpecE46 Tune :(

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            True, the old saying, "no replacement for displacement" still rings true, even for our little inline 6 engines. But it also shows that the S52 shouldnt be the only motor people consider when they want to do a 24v swap, when all it takes is two OEM parts to have a 2.8L match the 3.2L power
                            Don't forget the box stock S52 with M50 manifold pushing 240 to the wheels on the previous page... ;-)

Comment

Ugh. Do an N52 damn it!
                              E92 Msport

Comment

Dave, curious if you guys are able to do the remote tuning method on my '07 Z4M coupe. I'm debating the option already for my e30 anyways but I'm even more tempted to buy it if I can run it on my Z too. Also, what sort of gains can be found on a stock S54 from my chassis? I know it runs a different ECU than the Z3 and e46 and that it's apparently quite a bit of a change?

I do not use sport mode, fwiw. Throttle becomes annoyingly touchy
                                1990 332i, 4 door
                                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
                                X