Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAxiom
    replied
    Ugh. Do an N52 damn it!

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    True, the old saying, "no replacement for displacement" still rings true, even for our little inline 6 engines. But it also shows that the S52 shouldnt be the only motor people consider when they want to do a 24v swap, when all it takes is two OEM parts to have a 2.8L match the 3.2L power
    Don't forget the box stock S52 with M50 manifold pushing 240 to the wheels on the previous page... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Tuned a SpecE46 today *(Which is required to run a 'SpecE46' Epic Motorsports Tune per spec class rules) just to see what it would really do.
    Fairly Impressive:

This Car vs two other SpecE46s on same dyno running SpecE46 Tune:

3 different SpecE46s. 'JAbase' is a bone stock US tune (with limiter bump), the other two are running the Required SpecE46 Flash.

Unless the rules change, car will have to purchase SpecE46 Tune :(

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    yeah, but I wouldn't waste time on an N52 without the 3 stage intake. :p

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    I would love an N52 E30. You also have to keep in mind most of them didnt have the dual DISA setup and are lacking in the low end department...

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    too bad the N52 oil pan makes it a pain in the ass. Mine put down similar power/tq as both of them combined with just some mild software tweaks, everything else completely stock. It could potentially be a cheap swap with a bit of work.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    True, the old saying, "no replacement for displacement" still rings true, even for our little inline 6 engines. But it also shows that the S52 shouldnt be the only motor people consider when they want to do a 24v swap, when all it takes is two OEM parts to have a 2.8L match the 3.2L power

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    It beats it in some ways but gets murdered in others. Cant trump that S52 torque: Bone stock shark injected S52 vs Beater New.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Nice!! Love seeing the M52 closing in on S52 numbers

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Years later, a different engine (blew the other one up, overrev) later, and headers, i finally retuned my beater track car! M52, M50 Man, S52 Cams, Ebay Headers, Nice Syncro Designworks exhaust setup.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Give us a shout and we can chat ;)

Leave a comment:

• TheAxiom
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
    The one I have at my disposal to tweak on is one of my guys 328xi. The Dyno we have to use is 2wd :/. I would love the oppertunity to attack one but given my transparency I would never call my self an expert with them.
    Define opportunity...

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    The one I have at my disposal to tweak on is one of my guys 328xi. The Dyno we have to use is 2wd :/. I would love the oppertunity to attack one but given my transparency I would never call my self an expert with them.

Leave a comment:

• TheAxiom
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    I thought you were going with AA?
    I like to keep my options open. I already ordered my retune from OE for my headers (and this was Monday/Tuesday) and still haven't gotten it. .

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I thought you were going with AA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X