Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm interested in the specs of the engine it makes more power and torque above 4k than most 2.8L strokers....
    Last edited by digger; 09-08-2017, 01:06 AM.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      sent you guys an email about reflashing my 02' M coupe Clownshoe....Has a Shark tune on it, but it sucks ass, and the car isnt running right
      Look forward to it
      Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      Dave you guys offer remote tuning correct?
      Yessir
      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      How high was the compression on this? Thats pretty damn impressive
      12:1
      Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      High enough to use 98 octane which smells so great. 12.5:1 I'm gonna guess.
      lol.. Converted it to E85 a little later too.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post

This is awesome, Im really thinking the next motor will be a 10:1 M20. I think that will be a daily friendly car that will take the best we have available here (91oct). Im hoping its not too high of a CR for these old motors
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Look forward to it

Yessir

What were the other specs/ what else was done to the engine ?

How much gain was there from e85?
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

E85 is more stabil and has less propensity to ignite early which is why FI cars run so much better on it. But it does have drawbacks finding it, cost more than regular fuel in my area it cost more than premium aka 93 octane. Limits where you can drive unless you have an ecu that you can switch tuning maps.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I combed through most of your graphs and didn't see what I'm looking for but maybe I missed it ... there's really ALOT to look through now! lol ... I'm doing an M52B28 stroked to 3.0L w/ M54 crank, rods, pistons. Plus M50 manifold, S52 cams, eBay headers and a full custom exhaust.

I saw a lot of M52 w/ M50 manifold, S52 graphs but I didn't see any M52 stroked 3.0L graphs ... have you dyno'd any stroked M52s? I'm really curious to see how much hp the extra displacement will afford. :popcorn:

Comment

S52 is pretty much a stroked M52. So it's going to be pretty similar. The only other real difference are the cams.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by AFDanHef View Post
                  I combed through most of your graphs and didn't see what I'm looking for but maybe I missed it ... there's really ALOT to look through now! lol ... I'm doing an M52B28 stroked to 3.0L w/ M54 crank, rods, pistons. Plus M50 manifold, S52 cams, eBay headers and a full custom exhaust.

I saw a lot of M52 w/ M50 manifold, S52 graphs but I didn't see any M52 stroked 3.0L graphs ... have you dyno'd any stroked M52s? I'm really curious to see how much hp the extra displacement will afford. :popcorn:
                  probably close to 95' s50 3.0 power?
                  '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                  Shadetree30

Comment

I'm expecting/hoping for S52/S50 power. I'm just looking for some confirmation. I've got S52 cams, so I basically have an S52 then. Also, my M52 is from a Z3 so I have an aluminum block S52!!!! :D

Comment

You'll be short about 200cc (.2L) for an S52 like build/power. As Sh3rpak!ng stated, it'll be closer to S50 power, though the S50 has a shorter stroke but larger bore than what you're building. You'll likely see a little more torque but slightly less top end power than an S50.

And welcome to the aluminum block single Vanos brotherhood. My built Z3 M52 aluminum block motor with S52 crank and 84.5mm bore 11.5:1 compression pistons as well as a bunch of other bits makes 270whp/240ft-lbs torque on a Dynbojet.

Comment

Where was my invite to be Aluminum Block brotherhood? Haha
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Most of the 3L strokers I see using m54 parts make low power...

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Might be shrouding issue with small bore.

It's never a good idea to run small bore long stroke when the same capacity can be had with more bore and shorter stroke

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                              It's never a good idea to run small bore long stroke when the same capacity can be had with more bore and shorter stroke
                              The most high RPM and HP:CC ratios have large bores, long rods and short strokes.

Ideally, if the piston can outrun the flame front, there is no time for detonation, but we will never see that in an m20 (or other close rod/stroke ratio engine).
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Most of the 3L strokers I see using m54 parts make low power...
                                How much power is 'low power'? Like, a few HP more than an M52 with the same bolt ons? This is an interesting discussion.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X