Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post
    post up the name of the original chip maker? was it is vanos or ignition timing the biggest gain?
    +1 don't leave names out, that's no fun.

Comment

+1 to that. Knowledge can help us all and competition is the mother of invention.

Comment

Updated

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Subscribed to know who you compared with.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            post up the name of the original chip maker? was it is vanos or ignition timing the biggest gain?
            Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
            +1 don't leave names out, that's no fun.
            Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
            +1 to that. Knowledge can help us all and competition is the mother of invention.
            Originally posted by Goldfishbowl View Post
            Subscribed to know who you compared with.

Not sure it's a good idea, but fine, here it is...

john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Prob wasnt brilliant lol...Shitstorm coming

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Wheres the s54 swap to compare to :)?
                (oo=[][]=oo)
                Web Design PNW

Comment

I don't think there is gonna be a shitstorm. Its an off the shelf tune so it is what is. One size fits all leaves a lot to be desired.

With that being said i hope i can hit the lottery between now and when im in atl at the end of july.

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
                    Its an off the shelf tune so it is what is. One size fits all leaves a lot to be desired.
                    Exactly. I won't sell chips via mail-order just for that reason. As long as I can tune our customer cars, I'm happy. Had no intention to compare tunes, but when we went to the dyno, the client asked to do a run with his purchased chip.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

its not about product bashing just allowing people to see what might be left on the table.

A custom tune is always better and the additional cost is well justified compared to other useless mods that people have no hesitation in paying hard earned dollars for.
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                        Stock tunes are realy good. I doubt some of the dyno results, you can never get a steady linear power and torque increase from start to end with just a tune. More air did not get into the engine so from were did you create 10hp/10tq overall. Usualy there would be a loss in torque then gain in HP and other way around.
                        LOL - painful.

Comment

Will be throwing cams in another M52 car to get another comparison/do some more vanos tweaking

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            Will be throwing cams in another M52 car to get another comparison/do some more vanos tweaking

Awesome. Can't wait to see the results!
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Dave, do you have any evidence to compare the stock MAF with a 3.5" MAF? I need to BAR my car soon and Im thinking about going back to a 3"
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hard evidence? No. We simply dont run them and based on the logging ive done with all the S52s and what not ive ever run there is never a need to run a 3.5" MAF. That part of the intake isnt the restriction anyways...

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X