Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
    Ive seen 310-345 stock on our dyno from them. Theyre just like S54s in that sense, some are much healthier than others.
    Interesting. You'd think with today's precision manufacturing processes, there wouldn't be that much of a variance anymore. That's a 10% difference...

Leave a comment:

• spiDmang
    replied
    Dave, I'll be coming to you once I get my E46 M3 dialed in a bit more....Would love to get a tune on it once I get some decent headers slapped on her :)

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood View Post
    That baseline is also weak for an s65. From what I've seen, they're typically 335-350 whp on a dynojet.
    Ive seen 310-345 stock on our dyno from them. Theyre just like S54s in that sense, some are much healthier than others.

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    That baseline is also weak for an s65. From what I've seen, they're typically 335-350 whp on a dynojet.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    probably the test pipe - no cats I'm guessing. S65 wants to breathe. :)
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    35 fricking HP's from off road pipes and a CAI? WTF?
    I was surprised as well
    Baseline and after mods baseline were 6 months apart too.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    probably the test pipe - no cats I'm guessing. S65 wants to breathe. :)

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    35 fricking HP's from off road pipes and a CAI? WTF?

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Some, there's more on the table.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    did you figure out any of that torque stuff?

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    3/30/16
    Tuned another E90 M3, 100% stock, Stock tune with testpipes and intake, and fully tuned with testpipes and intake.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Yeah :dunno

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    3/10/16
    Tuned a E36 Track car today. S52 with Stock MAF, 24lb injectors, ebay headers, meh exhaust setup, M50 manifold, hot air intake and had a reputable tuners custom dyno tune on it. Not sure why he thought 11.5:1 AFR was brillant nor the ~5600RPM vanos shutoff point but whatever.
    Brought the AFRs back into a proper location and pulled back vanos shutoff point among other things.
    Strange. I usually double up on wide bands during dyno tuning. Dyno in the tailpipe and up close.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    3/10/16
    Tuned a E36 Track car today. S52 with Stock MAF, 24lb injectors, ebay headers, meh exhaust setup, M50 manifold, hot air intake and had a reputable tuners custom dyno tune on it. Not sure why he thought 11.5:1 AFR was brillant nor the ~5600RPM vanos shutoff point but whatever.
    Brought the AFRs back into a proper location and pulled back vanos shutoff point among other things.

Leave a comment:

• ncsubowen
    replied
    Give us a shout to discuss if you want (6788096531 or tuning@mmw.repair). We have a few different ways of doing things. Send in your ECU, we send you one already flashed, or we send you a remote tuning cable and remote flash the DME. Also the dyno isnt necessary for most applications but always cool to see what the car is putting down before/after.
    Will do. Have some work to do and supposedly the ECU comes preloaded with an E30 tune from the seller, so it should be enough to get me up and sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Curious how remote tuning works? Do I send you my setup and you send a tune back or do I give you dyno data from a local dyno?

Putting together an S52 setup for my E30, impressed by these results!
    Give us a shout to discuss if you want (6788096531 or tuning@mmw.repair). We have a few different ways of doing things. Send in your ECU, we send you one already flashed, or we send you a remote tuning cable and remote flash the DME. Also the dyno isnt necessary for most applications but always cool to see what the car is putting down before/after.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X