Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    That's exactly what a centrifugal supercharger does.

That's what a constant displacement blower like a Roots, Eaton, Lysolm, Kenne Bell, AutoRotor or Whipple does.

Automotive product advertised to be better than reality? Say it isn't so...

Centrifugally supercharged cars can be VERY fast, but just like anything else, need more than 5 psi of boost to do so.
    There is something wrong with that car. That's not how it's supposedto work

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood View Post
    Interesting. That's a very small, peaky, high RPM gain.
    That's exactly what a centrifugal supercharger does.

Not the steady, linear increase from idle to redline I'd expect. You guys going to tune it?
    That's what a constant displacement blower like a Roots, Eaton, Lysolm, Kenne Bell, AutoRotor or Whipple does.

Good example of a 100whp gain sounding great on an advertisement, but not so great on the street.
    Automotive product advertised to be better than reality? Say it isn't so...

Centrifugally supercharged cars can be VERY fast, but just like anything else, need more than 5 psi of boost to do so.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Correct, non ZHP. Per BMW the ZHP cams add ~10hp. not confirmed this myself....

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
    Then Tuned a E46 330i, Car had headers, AFE Intake, and muffler. DISA changeover could use some love.
    Wow, that would be a blast in an E30! This is a non-ZHP? If so any idea how much ZHP cams or Schricks would add to this?

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Tuned a E90 M3 today! Bone stock 30K mile car. Test Pipes coming next.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Just another quick comparison:
    S52 w/M50 manifold otherwise stock ZM3 vs E46 330 with intake/headers/exhaust:

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Will be looking further into the car sometime late this week to go back over everything and make sure we dont have any crazyness with vac/boost leaks or anything before looking into the tune. We may be retuning it but it is *currently* outside of our expertise as of today.

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
    Added a customers SC E92 M3 we assembled. Is *currently* running a BPMsport tune...

S65 E92 M3 Pre and Post Supercharger. 6.5psi intercooled, BPMSport Tune... No other changes... 2 Best runs.

Interesting. That's a very small, peaky, high RPM gain. Not the steady, linear increase from idle to redline I'd expect. You guys going to tune it?

Good example of a 100whp gain sounding great on an advertisement, but not so great on the street.

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    Added a customers SC E92 M3 we assembled. Is *currently* running a BPMsport tune...

S65 E92 M3 Pre and Post Supercharger. 6.5psi intercooled, BPMSport Tune... No other changes... 2 Best runs.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I love my M52 with M50 intake and S52 cams. Nearly as much power as what my friends S52 made (225whp vs 234whp)

Leave a comment:

• NC325iC
    replied
    I did... Came out about the same (varying mileage)

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
    Well sometimes the extra displacement is just more available...

Of course, but also at an extra cost. Compare a purchasing a 2.8 with m3 cams and buying an s5x.

Leave a comment:

• NC325iC
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Nice power from that 2.8! I am always telling people to use the 2.8 and just cam them, but they all go for that extra displacement.
    Well sometimes the extra displacement is just more available...

Leave a comment:

• hoveringuy
    replied
    ^ 234hp out of an N/A M54 is fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• 328ijunkie
    replied
    7/1/15
    Finally Finished tuning a SCS52E30M3. Car came in as OBD1 S52, we baselined it then converted to OBD2 and put a AA Stg1 C38 kit on it and tuned on pump gas, then tuned again on race gas with a separate ECU. Car has shorty headers, M50 manifold, and the most horrendous exhaust ive ever seen :(. Heat was also a killer here, the customer and us both were hoping for a little bit higher numbers but temps at the dyno were 100+ constantly + a non IC blower

Pump gas vs OBD1:

Race Gas Vs OBD1

Then Tuned a E46 330i, Car had headers, AFE Intake, and muffler. DISA changeover could use some love.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X