Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimKninja
    replied
    $1500 is alittle overpriced But while doing a swap you SHOULD start with a running parts car , makes everything shit-tons easier. Make sure the car has decent parts on it so you can make your money back.

I bought a T-boned E36 M3 for $700, made all my money back, and had a free swap .

Leave a comment:

• sweet3
    replied
    My opinion is stay away if you only plan on using the motor for the 1500. That is a bit expensive for a non-vanos motor. You can find s52 motors for around 2000. Just have to keep looking.

Things you could use:
    1) Motor, tranny, ecu, harness
    2) Steering rack
    3) AC compressor and the lines attached to the compressor (they will need to be spiced to your original lines)
    4) Exhaust flanges that connect to the headers (if you plan on using your original exhaust)

Leave a comment:

• justin_l_
    replied
    Overpriced if your just swapping it in your e30. You can use the rack too though.

Leave a comment:

• Helltime
    replied
    Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
    Can use the tranny and harness/dme too. I think its too expensive for what your getting. 1500 can get you a running m50tu or m52 all day long with tranny.
    Ok, thanks for the quick info!

Leave a comment:

• mpowerful
    replied
    Can use the tranny and harness/dme too. I think its too expensive for what your getting. 1500 can get you a running m50tu or m52 all day long with tranny.

Leave a comment:

• considering m50 swap, quick question/time is ticking

I hate posting this thread here because most of this has been answered I know. But the person selling a potential donor car is short on cash and has to sell it to make rent (I was approached with this last night, he needs cash by Monday morning).
    Someone asked me (for a friend of theirs) if I know anyone interested in a 1992 325i 5spd 4dr car. From what I have gathered this would be a decent motor to swap into my 1990 e30. Car has ugly body kit and so on, but the motor runs like a dream, he is asking $1500 for it runs and drives. Other than the motor how useful for the swap would this "donor car" be? For that kind of money am I just better off sourcing everything myself or are there plenty of parts on this thing to be worth the $1500 for my swap?

Parts I know I can use (hopefully I am not too misinformed) would be engine and engine mounting arms. Anything else?
Working...
X