No announcement yet.

E34 M50 oil pan baffle info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my pan off and my VAC baffle is still working and looking good as new (2.5 years now). No mods to make mine fit either.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify a key piece of information for the community here:

I did some additional research while I'm knee deep in my 24V E30 swap process, and the VAC baffle for the E34 oil pan needed for the swap has been redesigned long ago which addresses old fitment issues as described earlier in this thread.

Personally I like the VAC baffle better vs. the Achilles baffle because it doesn't use pop rivets and requires less welding since it has the two dimples on the one side (actually shown in the photo below) that re-use the existing pan receptable holes. But to each their own! Brian C. at VAC was very helpful and took all my questions in stride.

Below is the latest design which obviously has a new notch to correct any old flap issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mike87 View Post
        Below is the latest design which obviously has a new notch to correct any old flap issues.

Thanks for the update mike87 - looks like they fixed the clearance issues. I too prefer the VAC design over the others for the reasons you mention.

MJ

Comment

Working...
        X