M50 swap that will blow your mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoncers View Post
    Any one making these clevis pins for e90 booster in e30? I'm currently doing this but stuck on the pin.
    Its dead around here. Guess every one bought a tesla?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoncers View Post

Its dead around here. Guess every one bought a tesla?
      Forums abandoned for social media. Try the R3V FB group.

Comment

I found a guy who made pins on Facebook by searching one of the e30 groups (probably r3v facebook), but he hasn't done a run since I asked him.

Seems like the pedal is the wrong height anyway, so I'm probably going to end up cutting the clevis off the booster and extending the rod.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I found a guy who made pins on Facebook by searching one of the e30 groups (probably r3v facebook), but he hasn't done a run since I asked him.

Seems like the pedal is the wrong height anyway, so I'm probably going to end up cutting the clevis off the booster and extending the rod.
          I just ordered a e83 X3 booster off ebay yesterday. Curious to see how it mocks up

Comment

I regret choosing the X3 booster. I'd order a Euro E90 booster if I were to do it again.
            The widest part of the X3 booster really digs into the corner of the manifold. Nothing I can do except shim the engine arm up with a big washer.

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              I regret choosing the X3 booster. I'd order a Euro E90 booster if I were to do it again. The widest part of the X3 booster really digs into the corner of the manifold. Nothing I can do except shim the engine arm up with a big washer.
              Which mounts did you run? M50 manifold?

Comment

AKG black poly mounts with an M52 manifold, fins shaved. Still need the washer to prevent contact.
                Last edited by Chilezen; 09-15-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I'm running black AKG mounts and M50 manifold, i shaved the fins on the manifold but have enough clearance where i can swap the booster without removing the manifold

Comment

Anyone use this pin for the e90 booster since the OP is MIA? Half tempted to try it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32483988650...3ABFBMqMbBiM9f

Comment

Originally posted by CavemanGB View Post
                      Anyone use this pin for the e90 booster since the OP is MIA? Half tempted to try it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32483988650...3ABFBMqMbBiM9f

I did when I was planning on doing using the E90 booster. I ended up using the 944 due to the E90 sticking out to much for my S54.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Now that I finally have my car up and running, having driven it around, I can share my thoughts on the X3/E83 Booster.

Pedal pressure feels good, natural. It's not a crazy amount of assist. I expected the dual-diaphragm to be over-assisted, but it's not. So far, it feels just right to me. Heel-toes feel good. I haven't done any spirited driving yet, but I think it'll be fine. So yes I would *tentatively* recommend it. I say this because the Euro E90 booster should feel the same but has better fitment. Totally would be worth it.

Also, I would go for a pre-made clevis pin.

My biggest complaint isn't about the booster- it's the engine mounts! When I was comparing mounts, it seemed the the black AKG mounts would be the softest. But the car has a vibration at idle, and that's where I trace it to. I'm disappointed in that. Does anyone else have a comment about their mounts? Would love to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                          Now that I finally have my car up and running, having driven it around, I can share my thoughts on the X3/E83 Booster.

Pedal pressure feels good, natural. It's not a crazy amount of assist. I expected the dual-diaphragm to be over-assisted, but it's not. So far, it feels just right to me. Heel-toes feel good. I haven't done any spirited driving yet, but I think it'll be fine. So yes I would *tentatively* recommend it. I say this because the Euro E90 booster should feel the same but has better fitment. Totally would be worth it.

Also, I would go for a pre-made clevis pin.

My biggest complaint isn't about the booster- it's the engine mounts! When I was comparing mounts, it seemed the the black AKG mounts would be the softest. But the car has a vibration at idle, and that's where I trace it to. I'm disappointed in that. Does anyone else have a comment about their mounts? Would love to know.
                          For quiet 24v engine mounts, I would suggest (2) of the rubber e28 M5 cylinder mounts part # 11811128932. The stud on one side is a bit long, so you can cut it down to make threading the nut easier, but I've used these for around 5 years now and they are quiet like a factory stock motor mount...go figure! Initially I used the Condor solid motor mounts with my swap, but they were way too noisy for a street car. My friend uses the AKG 24v poly motor mounts in his car and they took a little while to break in, but once they did the NVH wasn't too noticeable aside from the expected cold morning startup.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post

For quiet 24v engine mounts, I would suggest (2) of the rubber e28 M5 cylinder mounts part # 11811128932. The stud on one side is a bit long, so you can cut it down to make threading the nut easier, but I've used these for around 5 years now and they are quiet like a factory stock motor mount...go figure! Initially I used the Condor solid motor mounts with my swap, but they were way too noisy for a street car. My friend uses the AKG 24v poly motor mounts in his car and they took a little while to break in, but once they did the NVH wasn't too noticeable aside from the expected cold morning startup.
                            This is exactly why I went E28 mounts on my S54. Maybe if it was a track car only I would go with stiffer mounts, but for the street its not worth it.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Running AKG, they seem to be on the softer side of poly. Not a thru bolt design which helps. Didn’t care and won’t do many other poly / delrin / whatever mounts.

Didn’t someone recently put e36 mounts upside down?

if true, now that’s blowing my mind. It took this long?!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post

This is something that people don't seem to understand. It's not like the vibrations are bad with poly mounts. Those are actually quite manageable, because 6-cyl is pretty smooth running. But it's the noise that is the deal breaker. It's not nice to daily car which sounds like the engine is broken, because the poly/solid mounts pass through so much of the engine internal sounds. After some time it gets really annoying. Same goes for transmission mounts. With poly mounts, stock transmission sounds like it has straight cut gears. Horrible... I'm personally still looking for good mounts for my m50. Poly mounts. Way too noisy. Solid rubber ones, (like e28 m5/e34) are nice and silent, but those get too soft when engine warms and cause too much movement to my turbo setup. The e36 ones are really good compromise with stiffness and sound. But those don't fit e30, because those hit frame rail in e30....

Comment

Working...
                                X