X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m52b28 and manual swapped 325iS weird idle issue

The above video shows the new issue.

Back story:
    bought the car swapped and ever since I've owned it it would have an intermittent CEL 1222 code.

A few months ago the car started to really run rough, replaced the MAF and that fixed that issue but since the MAF was replaced the CEL would come on if I'm traveling down the road and the rpms were at the same point for about 15 seconds or so. To get the CEL to go away, I just had to blip the throttle or let off the throttle and the light would go away.

Last week, I got into some deep water, 1-2", and went a little to fast and the water got into something. The video above shows how it acts now.

It can rev up just fine, but if you try and slowly rev the motor or try and let it sit at say 1500 rpms and will backfire and stutter.

Today, I replaced the spark plugs, all smelled like fuel and a few had oil around them(will replace the valve cover gasket at a later time, when it's not a 100degrees outside lol)

So I'm fairly much a newb when it comes to wiring, I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to wrenching, just wiring is my very weak point.

Oh, I've had this vehicle looked at by other mechanics looking for a vacuum leak, I've looked as well, but couldn't find any. I have also checked and cleaned my ICV valve, it was fine.

I just replaced my O2 sensor like 3 months ago.

Thanks
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)
Working...
X