X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    that's tough to swallow, but it's even an SAE chart. damn. engine must be heavily modded!
    ...or has a good engine builder ;)

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
    Yeah. If you check this list, I found really hard to believe that torque number:Hp number is ok, and I have seen even 400hp figures from m5x engines. But the RPM that it achieved is way too low to be plausible. Either the dyno calculates crank hp or it reads totally wrong.

BTW if someone is interested of that 400hp engine, you can hear it in this e9: https://youtu.be/vTvEf6oaacQ
    I know nothing about the engine specs, but it's making that about 400hp close to 9000 RPM

Not really. I just built an s50 for a local. I stroked it using an s52 crank and installed .5mm over 11.5: pistons,+1mm valves, dual valve springs, light head work, stock cams and it made 255whp/248wtq with a 7k redline - just doing my basic power tricks and balancing everything. Dyno tuned on the stock 413 red label. Took 2 trips to the rollers since the 17lb s50 injectors ran out at about 5500rpm, installed 21lb and went back...

Click image for larger version

Name:	waynes dyno.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	7200611

Leave a comment:

• pazi88
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaker View Post
    Dynojet Dyno. And my math based on a 15% drivetrain loss puts it at 317/282, so 105bhp/L and 94ft/lbs-L.

Yeah. If you check this list, I found really hard to believe that torque number:

Hp number is ok, and I have seen even 400hp figures from m5x engines. But the RPM that it achieved is way too low to be plausible. Either the dyno calculates crank hp or it reads totally wrong.

BTW if someone is interested of that 400hp engine, you can hear it in this e9: https://youtu.be/vTvEf6oaacQ
    I know nothing about the engine specs, but it's making that about 400hp close to 9000 RPM
    Last edited by pazi88; 02-01-2019, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    that's tough to swallow, but it's even an SAE chart. damn. engine must be heavily modded!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Please list your engine specs.

Leave a comment:

• Jaker
    replied
    Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
    270whp and 240ft-lbs from wheels? Please tell me how that is done because with nominal 15% drivetrain loss that is 310hp and 276ft-lbs from crank which are figures that make you the worlds best engine tuner ever. Thats 92ft-lbs per litre which would you put on the top list of most torque per litre on NA engine, beating manufacturers that have used big money and years of development for their race engines.

If that's crank hp, not whp, those numbers are more feasible. But still I would like to know what has done to the engine, because it's still not easy figure to get out of m5x based engine.

Dynojet Dyno. And my math based on a 15% drivetrain loss puts it at 317/282, so 105bhp/L and 94ft/lbs-L.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Markert Motor werks I've heard is good, but yet to see anybody else with theirs.

Leave a comment:

• pazi88
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaker View Post
    Zack from 22RPD.com is also really good with the OBD1 (413DME) setups. He did mine to the tune of 270whp/240ft-lbs torque for my built 3.0 M52 based motor. And that was after Jordan from RK told me the best he could do was 260whp.
    270whp and 240ft-lbs from wheels? Please tell me how that is done because with nominal 15% drivetrain loss that is 310hp and 276ft-lbs from crank which are figures that make you the worlds best engine tuner ever. Thats 92ft-lbs per litre which would you put on the top list of most torque per litre on NA engine, beating manufacturers that have used big money and years of development for their race engines.

If that's crank hp, not whp, those numbers are more feasible. But still I would like to know what has done to the engine, because it's still not easy figure to get out of m5x based engine.

Leave a comment:

• Jaker
    replied
    Zack from 22RPD.com is also really good with the OBD1 (413DME) setups. He did mine to the tune of 270whp/240ft-lbs torque for my built 3.0 M52 based motor. And that was after Jordan from RK told me the best he could do was 260whp.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    I run a TRM tune on every 24v car I build. Always satisfied with the result. Turner is also another decent solution.

Leave a comment:

• poopin04
    replied
    Used an R-K Tuned chip when I did my swap.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I'm not sure who does the TRM chips now, but as far as I know, the original tuners (who were members here) left a long time ago.

I'd go with SSSquid given he's still active in the community.

Leave a comment:

• mtech325
    replied
    TRM Tuning has always a been popular choice. Another option is SSSquid, I have one of his chips in my car and it seems to work well.

Leave a comment:

• Lenwood
    started a topic best tuning chip for obd1

best tuning chip for obd1

looking for advice on performance eprom for my s52 w/redtop 413 dme installed. have obd1 intake and stock airbox.
Working...
X