Oil Cooler and A/C lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike B.
    replied
    Erik - I didn't use the Euro cooler, I used an E30M3 cooler. If you have the Euro cooler along with the lines, then no adapters are necessary.

    Leave a comment:


  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike B.
    You can get metric to AN-10 adapter fittings that allow you to mount hose directly to the oil cooler. This is what I used on my setup.
    So, you can't mount the oil cooler up with the stock Euro lines?
    I have the complete Euro cooler and lines that came with my motor.

    -Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    ^^ i drift, it be nice to have an oil cooler. but after seing how complicated and expensive its gonna be i might ditch it and concentrate on water cooling. are there any alternatives?

    and i guess that the zionsville lines are a must since i'm in FL and track car or not, a/c is a must ;D maybe once its a dedicate track car i'll take it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike B.
    replied
    An oil cooler is not a must. But you should keep an eye on your oil temps if you spend significant time on the track.

    Leave a comment:


  • windsor318is
    replied
    is the oil cooler a must for the e30 swap?

    Leave a comment:


  • iflytii
    replied
    www.pegasusautoracing.com has all the adapters you need for your oil cooler.

    As mentioned before, www.vacmotorsports.com has caps available for an oil cooler setup. They also sell the euro housing which is the way I went. With the euro housing, you will need an o-ring to an-10 adapter which www.turnermotorsports.com sells, or I think you can modify the housing to accept threads.

    I have a complete AC system that includes zionsville lines, a good compressor, new expansion valve, new evaporator and new condenser. The condenser was modified to accept a spal 16" pusher fan. Basically the entire setup to get AC with a swap and convert to 134a at the same time. I gutted my car and turned it into a dedicated race car so I obviously don't need any of it any longer. I'll be taking pics and getting everything ready to ship this weekend so keep your eyes peeled in the FS section if you are looking for something.
    Last edited by iflytii; 11-08-2007, 11:52 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jason89i
    replied
    I bought the m22 to an-10 converters. m22 female end screws into stock oil cooler, an10 male end for easy adaptation to an10 lines and an10 euro adapter (from tms.) i ended up going another route. still have them sitting (car is now gone.) if anyone is interested, pm me. cheers, jason

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike B.
    replied
    No, female metric oil cooler fitting (M22 or M18, I can't remember) to AN-10 adapter. No need to have the stock oil cooler lines adapted to receive AN fittings.

    I already had the Euro oil filter housing (obviously), so I needed about 10' of AN-10 hose, 3 45 degree (two for the oil filter housing and one for the drivers side of the cooler) and 1 180 degree (passenger side of oil cooler) hose ends and the two metric to AN adapters.

    I bought the adapters from Orme Brothers.

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    AN-10 to AN-10? do you have a picture of this since i would imagine those lines running all over the engine bay to use the stock cooler.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike B.
    replied
    You can get metric to AN-10 adapter fittings that allow you to mount hose directly to the oil cooler. This is what I used on my setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • PiercedE30
    replied
    VAC has them I believe.
    Also, here is a picture of my lines:

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by PiercedE30
    Oil cooler = S54/Euro S50 oil filter housing OR oil filter cap adapter
    Where's a good place to get the cap adapter? This is something I want to do in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    ^^ so much for the oil cooler, but atleast the A/C problem is solved (damn they are expensive!!)

    thanks guys....if anyone else has ideas on oil coolers please post although i don't see how unless its a different housing anyways. THANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by PiercedE30
    Oil cooler = S54/Euro S50 oil filter housing

    thats your best bet for an oil cooler...

    for ac get an mcoupe ac compressor and buy the zoinville lines or have your own made and hook it up as normal e30 ac...

    Leave a comment:


  • PiercedE30
    replied
    Oil cooler = S54/Euro S50 oil filter housing OR oil filter cap adapter

    Leave a comment:

Working...