Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK View Post
    It needs to be cut and threaded. All you need is an M10 die and a hacksaw, and maybe some sandpaper, and you should be able to thread it fine.
    Thank you for the info.

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Porsche 944 brake booster. One post says that I just need to cut the rod and it will be good enough. Another post says it needs to be cut and rethreaded.
    It needs to be cut and threaded. All you need is an M10 die and a hacksaw, and maybe some sandpaper, and you should be able to thread it fine.

Leave a comment:

• JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by free View Post
    Ok, I have been trying to make sense of this thread. I have an 88 325ic 5 speed. what is the simplest way to put in an m50?

Can i use my existing transmission? If so, do I need a new driveshaft? If I need a new driveshaft, I assume it is because I have to move the tranny. if so, do I then need new tranny mounts? Pretty sure I need new engine mounts - e28 mounts bolt right up? Do I need a new clutch, slave cylinder,master? If I can keep my tranny, can I keep my 3.75 lsd diff?

Do I need a new radiator? I saw an E30 88 radiator and overflow tank listed on a swap parts list somewhere in the thread. I assume new hoses. Keep the E30 coolant temp sensor, all other sensors come from the m50?

325ix booster is a bolton and necessary?
    as e 30 said.all ans are here......

you can use your getrag 260...w/ your 3 73.....stock ds.

IX booster ........

or....... use from 320i or 944 using oe mc.

Leave a comment:

• e30s52
    replied
    Free all these questions have been answerd throught this thread. If you need help with your swap I can lend a hand for a small fee. I am local and do nothing after school. Pm me if you are intrested.

Leave a comment:

• free
    replied
    Ok, I have been trying to make sense of this thread. I have an 88 325ic 5 speed. what is the simplest way to put in an m50?

Can i use my existing transmission? If so, do I need a new driveshaft? If I need a new driveshaft, I assume it is because I have to move the tranny. if so, do I then need new tranny mounts? Pretty sure I need new engine mounts - e28 mounts bolt right up? Do I need a new clutch, slave cylinder,master? If I can keep my tranny, can I keep my 3.75 lsd diff?

Do I need a new radiator? I saw an E30 88 radiator and overflow tank listed on a swap parts list somewhere in the thread. I assume new hoses. Keep the E30 coolant temp sensor, all other sensors come from the m50?

325ix booster is a bolton and necessary?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X