M50 into E30 help, issues with wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 into E30 help, issues with wiring?

I've researched this but I realized it became more confusing, so I've decided to bring it up on here for more precise answers. I admit, I am a bit frustrated at this time. I have a euro 1984 323i E30. The wire harness connector/plug is rectangular. I have a built M50b30nv and KDFI pnp ecu. Turbo is HX40. I am running into issues trying to get it fired up with KDFI. Whats happening is:

1. KDFI goes offline when i crank, the fuel pump only gets activated after the crank, and kdfi has a constant 12v which mean it is on even after key is out. Now, this is strange because I have it spliced into the green ignition wire which measures 12v at crank and no power without key (i've checked the green ign wire and it's good, appropriate voltage at crank and with out key - at zero voltage). Furthermore, (I always unhook the battery negative cable before I plug in or out ECUs), so with KDFI pluged in, I hook up the negative cable, and when I do this, I hear the fuel pump prime. The fuel pump seems to prime only after each crank and not at the beginning of crank/ key ignition 2nd position.

What I know: The KDFI unit goes offline from Tunnerstudio when crank. This kind of explain why no spark and the fuel pump comes after crank

I decided to plug the OEM nonvanos ecu in, and the car started, fired up and ran for at least 5 seconds and then dies. I tried to start it again, turn key, no priming of fuel pump, no fuel, and no start.

So I have concluded that my crank sensor is ok, in order to get the engine running, i would have to use KDFI, crank for a few seconds, then switch ecu to OEM and then the car would fire right up! Yes - a bit dumb and lame!

I am also concluding that my harness splicing is incorrect, even though i thought i spliced it correctly. I have attached a pic of what i came up after looking at several schematics and wire diagrams from internet.
    Please advise if things are incorrect. I just want this thing running so i can start tuning. I have done this swap before but not with an older E30.
    Attached Files
Working...
X